Upon arrival, there is a sign with a phone # to call for the door code. However, for myself and multiple others while I was there the phone was not answered, so you have to wait for another guest to let you in, and then choose and set up your own bed, and eventually pay whenever you can find one of the two (not very friendly) staff members. It's dirty and far away from things (delicious Mexican food in the gas station on the corner though!). I did meet some great fellow travelers though!

Washington DC House

Washington DC, USA

This is a great hostel!! The staff are all really wonderful and friendly and welcoming, everything is tidy and clean. The location is perfect - just a few blocks from Union Station, and near some restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and a supermarket. I will definitely be coming back!

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great location, nice facilities, overall a really good place! The beds are nice and sturdy, and it is nice that each has their own outlet and light. Privacy curtains would be the only improvement I would suggest.

Hostal Layetana

Barcelona, Spain

Very basic accommodation but in a great location. If you can, try to get a room with a window to the outside instead of to the internal courtyard like I had - very dark! Everything was fine but the staff was not particularly friendly, and the atmosphere didn't really seem to encourage spending time outside of one's own bedroom.

The Hostel Box Gaudi

Barcelona, Spain

The bed was very nice, only wish it had curtains like in the photo! There is not a big common area so I wouldn't say this is a great place to meet people, but it's nice enough for a night or two.

Dear guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate the comments from our guests. We are glad you liked out 'box' bed; we are really proud of that innovative sleeping concept. With regard to your comments towards the curtains, we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you during your stay; we already changed the photos. We hope this response finds you well. With our best regards, Ariana A., The Hostel Box Team.

Globe Trott Inns

This is a nice enough hostel, nothing wrong with anything, a bit out of the way (it's in East London) but with nice people and good public transit connections.

This is a nice hostel! Good location, a bit out of the way but perfectly easy to see anything you want to see in New York. The people are friendly. The wi-fi only works in the common area for free which was annoying, and the large dorm room is only on the top floor, no elevator--however if you have a large bag they will let you leave it in storage downstairs and just take what you need up with you.

Nothing special, takes awhile to get into Manhattan, and can be difficult to find if you are coming from JFK because the right bus doesn't go nearby. I guess it is a convenient location to LaGuardia, and there is nothing wrong with it really, everything was average in terms of facilities, cleanliness, etc., but if you are actually visiting the city, pay a bit more to stay in Manhattan. The atmosphere was not really that great or friendly either.

Smart Russell Square Hostel

The bed is for midgets. You can't even sit up properly in it. I like the privacy, but that is quite uncomfortable, and I was very unimpressed with the other facilities. I didn't find there was a good atmosphere for meeting people really, either. However, the location is absolutely unbeatable, so it's okay for a few nights if you don't plan to spend much time the hostel. It's a good base to see London from!

This is a nice, quiet hostel but it is still easy to meet people. I first stayed in the private single room which was nice but no wi-fi, and then in the four bed dorm on the main floor, which is right next to the kitchen and nice as well. However, the door does not really lock properly and other people may have to pass through this room to get to the private room beyond. But, you can use the lockers so it's OK. The location is nice, right by a bus stop, with a few restaurants and things around.

Definitely fun and friendly! It's a nice place, easy to meet people, in a good location. Take advantage of the free tour! The breakfast is nothing special but decent so that's a plus. One of my favorite hostels I've stayed in due to the great atmosphere! The stairs are ridiculous, though, if you bring a giant suitcase you will have a big problem getting it upstairs and into the hostel. And if you are drunk, be veeeeeery careful or you might fall.