Makuto Backpackers Hostel

Granada, Spain

Simply put- most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at! Like other reviewers have mentioned: -Staff really make this a special place and you immediately feel like part of Makuto family -you may not see much of Granada because you'll never want to leave hostel -treehouse and hammocks are the bees knees of vacationing I hope to visit to Granada again someday so I can stay here again. Thanks Makuto, you were the best way I could have ended my 3 month travels through Spain! LOVE!!!

It makes us very happy to read your comments. Thank you very much. Hope to see you again for a mojito ;) Enjoy your trip and thanks again

Astor Hyde Park

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Astor Hyde. Free breakfast of toast w/ pb or jam, free wifi, plenty of hangout space, and I love the common room where movies/shows are always playing. Staff was always really nice and helpful, only slightly negative comment would be that they seemed to take up most of the kitchen space and common areas leaving less room for actual guests to be able to cook and/or comfortably hangout.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Flying Pig is a hostel full of character and quirks. The downstairs has a decent kitchen and very large communal area with a tv room adjacent, plus there is a great bar upstairs with more seating/meeting room. Free breakfast was better than most hostels, but the line in the am can get long if you wait until 10 to grab some food. Overall, I was really happy with this place and definitely will recommend to friends.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Extremely clean hostel that looks and feels more like a hotel. Great kitchen, bar, and restaurant all housed inside facilities in addition to several laundering machines. Also very modern with good sized bathrooms and bedroom side tables with lights. Only downside was that hostel was very large and didn't provide any activities that usually contribute to a cozy familial atmosphere. Stay here if you like quiet, clean, hotel-like traveling.

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

Stayed here for Fallas, so Purple Nest may be a bit different during the rest of the year and probably much more affordable than what we paid. All of the staff (minus 1) were awesome and super helpful. The bar/common room really catered to meeting other travelers and I found myself spending a good deal of time hanging out at the hostel. Security was top notch and the guys working at night were really friendly. Not the cleanest, but I definitely got what I wanted out of this party hostel!

Location is the best in Sevilla close to tons of cool bars and restaurants, staff was super friendly, and great view of the mushroom looking structure from the rooftop terrace. Great deal for the money and location!

Many thanks Katharine!