Hotel D' Anna

Naples, Italy

Luckily I only stayed one night. This is a dirty hotel with a strange man at reception. The place is in dire need of a thorough clean and refurbishment. I went out at one point and came back (it wasn't late - still daylight outside) to find the door to reception locked. After a couple of minutes the man came out of his room and unlocked the door. Strange.

Hostel Mancini

Naples, Italy

It was a nice hostel with friendly staff. Best bit was the breakfast - huge tub of nutella and they also had peanut butter!

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

I only stayed one night but the vibe I got from the place was pretty good. They provide cages underneath the beds which you can padlock shut (bring your own padlock) and I could fit my whole backpack plus more in it so it's nice knowing all your stuff is secure. Breakfast isn't free but it's fairly cheap and tasty. I would stay here again.

Hostel Des Artistes

Rome, Italy

Felt a bit more like a hotel rather than a hostel. Common room and rooftop terrace were never mentioned; if I had wanted them I would have had no idea of where to find them. You have to pay for internet and the only breakfast they provide is a breakfast buffet for 8 euros which I thought was quite steep... would have to be a very good selection of food for that price! Other than that, I wouldn't mind staying there again as it was fairly clean and close to bars, restaurants and the station.

Ciak Hostel

Rome, Italy

The staff were friendly, particularly the guy who checked me in. The free pasta was good although the seating area is a bit small so it's a bit of a squeeze to fit everyone in. The room and bathroom could have been cleaned more thoroughly.

I chose to stay here as I needed a break from hostels and busy cities. I'm not sure they get many (if any) solo female backpackers, but they treated me with the same respect as any other guest. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. I had a nice relaxing stay.

Ai Quattro Canti

Palermo, Italy

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Guiseppe and Veronica are friendly and welcoming. They try and make the hostel a nice sociable place and get people together every evening which is good for solo travellers like me. The only issue I had was that the beds made crinkly noises and there were only 2 bathrooms. Apart from that it was a good place to stay.

C.C.Ly Hostel

Catania, Italy

CCLY is the best hostel I've been to. The staff are friendly and helpful, the place is clean and has a good sociable atmosphere. Good location right near the train station. Someone usually cooks a meal in the evening for everyone (for only a few euros pp) which is a nice way to meet the other guests. The only improvement I can say is that the shower doors are a little see through and so would be nice if you put shower curtains up aswell or something but apart from that such a good hostel :) :)

B&B Oikia

Reggio Calabria, Italy

I only stayed one night here as I was just passing through, but I would have been more than happy to have stayed longer. The owners picked me up from the station when I got there and were really friendly. The B&B itself was very clean and modern. The breakfast was lovely and fresh. The only improvement would be that if I was staying longer then a map would have been really handy.

M&J Hostel

Rome, Italy

Pretty average hostel. Staff were friendly, cleanliness was so-so. They only give you a thin sheet to sleep in. Best thing about it is the location as it's really close to the train station. You also get discount off food and drink from the cafe next door.

B&B Palazzo Barocco

Lecce, Italy

I had a really good stay at this B&B. Everything was clean, the room I was in was huge, the bed was big and really comfy. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. Located right next to the train station and only a few minutes walk from the historical centre. Would definitely stay again.

tank you soo much palazzo barocco

Sunshine Hostel

Rome, Italy

Directions are a little bit vague and from the front entrance of Roma Termini it is at least a 15 minute walk. Apart from that, I had a very pleasant stay at Sunshine. The staff are friendly and the security is good. The decor is very bright and homely.

Koine' Hostel

Salerno, Italy

This hostel has the potential to be a good hostel but unfortunately it is far from that. The other people staying there seem to actually live there and arent very friendly (and they are all in their thirties or older) I stayed there by myself (I am a solo female traveller) and felt very alienated, there was no one there to socialise with. The bathrooms were cleaned once a day but the other people using them are not very clean at all so they were pretty filthy. Showers were not in cubicles.

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Giovanni is a very welcoming host. He greeted me with a glass of water and cooked us both lunch - which was delicious. The place has a very homely feel to it, and Giovanni provides plenty of advice for things to see and places to eat.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Very pleased with my stay at Freedom Traveller. The directions were clear so it was easy enough to find. The staff were friendly and everything was very clean. Thought the pizza party on the Monday night was really good as gave me the opportunity to meet other travellers and you get free pizza and free wine!

Maison

Florence, Italy

I really enjoyed staying at Maison. The host was very friendly, he gives you a map and marks all the things on it that you might want and need. It is also in a really good location. The only negatives are that there are lots of stairs and the wifi was a bit iffy at times.

Raally exscuse us for The stairs but please come to visit us again... You was a kind guest

A Venice Fish

Venice, Italy

It has a very casual way about it and is very much a youth hostel. The 3 male staff that I met were all genuinely friendly. The rooms are all connected to the common room which made it very sociable, though I can imagine this might mean some nights can be fairly noisy. There is only 2 bathrooms so in the morning there was a queue to use them. Could also do with some bath mats on the floor as the floors got pretty wet.

Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

The directions were quite hard to follow, luckily I had a map of Venice already so was able to find my way without too much difficulty. The bed was uncomfortable and there was a lack of atmosphere, but if you just want a place to put your stuff and a bed to sleep in then it's fine.