• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
8.0
20th Apr 2013

Sleepzone was centrally-located in Galway, it was clean, and the staff was helpful. It was a bit loud at night as people came in from the pubs, but it wasn't unbearable at all.

• USA, Female, 18-24
PLUS Florence, Florence, Italy
6.6
1st Apr 2013

Overall, I was pretty impressed with PLUS Florence (well-decorated, well-maintained, etc), except for one big issue. I reserved and paid extra for a females-only room. On my 3rd night, however, the staff put one guy in the room, and on the 4th night, there were two guys in the room! I alerted the staff to the issue both days, but they did nothing to change the situation. That definitely changed my otherwise positive perception of PLUS Florence. I don't know that I would stay there again.

• USA, Female, 18-24
Astor Queensway, London, England
7.1
25th Mar 2013

As hostels go, Astor Quest was pretty good - the staff was friendly and helpful, the people staying there were outgoing, and there was a well-equipped kitchen. It wasn't the cleanest, however, and we shared one toilet with our entire floor and one shower stall between at least two floors. Be prepared for A LOT of stairs (no elevator plus a thin tall building equals lots of stairs) and bring a large padlock (the locking mechanism on the cages underneath the bed was too big for our locks).