Location USA, Gender Female, Age 28

Hostal El Momento, Granada, Nicaragua
7.7
7th Jul 2014

Pros: 7 of the 11 dorm beds are doubles so good chance you'll get one if you stay in the dorm! Plus an outlet, fan, and big locker for each bed. The garden area are great for hanging out, the wifi is pretty strong, and the restaurant decent. The staff were very kind, and the location (just around the corner from the central park) is excellent. Con: It seemed pretty clean, and I had no problems.

Thank you for your response and taking the time and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us but are a little disappointed you are writing about a problem which I do not know about with another guest. We fumigate every 3 months by law and fumigate once a week ourselves as well as doing checks on beds when guests leave, this is an unfortunate part of our job but necessary, this is where this comment many have risen from.

Managua Backpackers Inn, Managua, Nicaragua
7.1
19th Jun 2014

I like this place so much I came back twice! It's nothing fancy but the friendly staff, fun atmosphere (good for meeting people), and great location (5 min. walk to a mall with a grocery store and movie theater as well as restaurants and cafes, plus a cheap taxi ride-no more than 30 cords pp-to the station where buses leave for Managua and Leon) make it worth the price. The only nit-picky con for me was that the wifi was unreliable during my stay and the kitchen could use more pots/pans/utensils

Hostel El Estadio, La Ceiba, Honduras
6.6
27th May 2014

Hostel Casa Verde Santa Ana, Santa Ana, El Salvador
14th May 2014

This hostel clearly deserved the "Best of El Salvador" award. From the big movie room (with popcorn--thank you!!), the comfy rooms, the kitchens stocked with more utensils and equipment than my kitchen at home, to the pool and the overall great atmosphere, this place is the best. I will be recommending it to all my friends!

Joan's Hostel, San Salvador, El Salvador
7.1
6th May 2014

Pros: Located right off the UCA campus, so there are a bunch of small cafes & pupuserias within walking distance--it's also very close to major shopping malls, supermarkets, and bus connections. The dorm rooms are basic (no lockers) but clean and quiet, and the bathrooms have HOT water! The wifi was also pretty strong. Cons: Joan speaks English but her other staff do not (not a problem for me, might be for others), it was also pretty empty when I was there, not good for meeting people

Casa Nostra, Livingston, Guatemala
26th Mar 2014

Stuart and the staff at Casa Nostra are incredibly kind and helpful--when he got my booking, he sent me a personal email asking if I needed help figuring out how to get there! There are only a few rooms, and one shared bathroom, but all the rooms are clean and comfy and I rarely had to wait for the bathroom. The backyard is great, there are hammocks and tables sitting right next to the ocean. I highly recommend eating there too, especially the stuffed french toast!

Hostel Nim Sut, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
6.0
12th Mar 2014

I had heard this hostel was also the owners home so I was prepared for some family noise and mess. What I wasn't expecting was to feel like a constant intruder-from the moment I arrived it seemed like the owner, his family and staff, resented having me there and resented any requests I made. They lock the doors at night and take forever to come answer them and in the morning they were sometimes still locked and I had to find someone to unpadlock them and let me out. Better places to stay in Xela

Quetzalroo, Guatemala City, Guatemala
11th Feb 2014

STAY HERE! I had heard from everyone that Guatemala City was just a place to pass through on the way to somewhere else, but this hostel and it's owners are passionate and dedicated to changing that. Marcos is amazing--he knows everything that's going on in the city and is happy to take you with him. I signed up for the walking tour, but since it was just me we went by bike instead and it was awesome. Marcos and his mother sometimes make dinner that you can buy and it's always tasty and cheap.