Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We all loved it here. Great place to stay. Right in the heart of the red light district but with none of the seediness. Close to central station and attractions. Highly recommend staying here if your in Amsterdam.

• 23rd Sep 2013

Cheers young lady,Jim

There was nothing overly outstanding about this hostel. The bar area was very small as was the common area.

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Great hostel to stay in if your in cesky. Make sure you go on the river boat pub crawl, you'll have an amazing time and it will be the best day out you have. Also, Brennan is an amazing host - thanks for putting up with all of us!!

PLUS Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

This was an alright hostel. I've stayed in better but I've also stayed in worse. I only stayed here because it was a busabout pick up point, if I had a choice I would stay closer in town.

The best hostel I have EVER stayed in. Amazing staff, especially Marcin. If your going to krakow, stay here.

Thanks for the great review! Cheers!

Highly recommend. One of the best places I've stayed I'm Europe. If you're going to Berlin, stay here.

Great location - right around the corner from the main train station. No atmosphere tho as wifi is only available in the common areas so everyone is using the common areas for checking email, Facebook, Skype ect and not for socialising.

Thank you for your review....we dont have wifi in the rooms for exactly the same reasons..if we did everyone would sit in their rooms and check their mails and skype etc....We provide the space to socialise,with a 24 Hour Bar..the rest is up to you!

Hostel Gastama

Lille, France

Very good hostel in a great location. Staff really friendly and helpful. Rooms really good size and clean. There is a bar downstairs with cheap drinks. Also has a kitchen so you can make your own food and laundry facilities so you can do your own washing (including a drier!) Would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your comment Nichola ! Hoping to see you here again soon ! Gastama Team !

Smyle Inn

New Delhi, India

The worst thing about this hostel is the location. It's in the middle of a large bazaar which sounds great, but to actually get there you have to walk down a couple of dodgy allysand right when your sure your about to get beaten and ramped and left for dead, you sea sign for the hostel. Maybe if there were a couple of sings along the way it would be a bit better. There was also a lack of communication between staff. Also your not allowed to drink alcohol in the lounge areas - only in your room.

Hi We are just about 15 meters off the main bazaar street. So it is not so bad as you felt. But your feedback of more signs has been taken and we will try to do something. No promises on that. Since we dont have a license to sell liquor, if our guests drink alcohol in the common areas, we can end up loosing our hostel license. This is the reason why we request guest to consume liquor in the rooms only. Sorry about that. Hope this response helps you understand the reason. Regards Harish

Staff had good understanding of English. My private room had a balcony which was great. Excellent location just off Nanjing Rd, easy walking distance to metro and round the corner from the bund. My only complaint is that the menu was very limited and breakfast didn't start until 830/9 if there was someone there to cook it.

Backstreet Youth Hostel

Guilin, China

AMAZING hostel. This is by far the best hostel I stayed in in china. Staff had great understanding of English and were very well spoken and helpful. Excellent location just a few meters down the road from markets, shops and the promenade. Tours were available however it was raining when I was there so I was unable to do any to them. Cheap beer, cocktails and food. If you're in Guilin, stay here.

Staff had virtually no understanding of English and could barely speak it. Had difficulties checking in. A friend of mine that was staying in a dorm came back from a tour and found they had given his bed to someone else.the first night I was there the place seemed to be booked out with Chinese people. Food and beer were overpriced.

Happy Dragon Hostel

Beijing, China

Had a great time at Happy Dragon Hostel. Staff were very helpful and had a very good understanding of English. The bar had a really good range of food for reasonable prices. I made some great friends at this hostel and we were able to stay up until early of the morning drinking and having fun. Was in a good location within walking distance to forbidden city and tianamen square etc and with the metro close by. I did the tour of the Great Wall with the hostel and was really happy with it.

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

Staff were great and the hostel is in a very central location - close to metro, the bund and other attractions. The only problem for me is I was after a more social place as a solo traveller and when I stayed at the Phoenix there were probably 5 other people staying there who were all studying.