The Mad Monkey Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great hostel! I was traveling alone and met great people immediately because of the pool. The bar is fun and cheap and the rooms are spacious and clean. I will definitely stay here again if I'm backpacking in siem reap again!

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great location and really nice and helpful staff. They even had a bunch of HK Lonely Planet books to look at to plan your day. The rooms are a bit cramped and the common area is so small, it is a little hard to meet people when you are on you own. But overall, a good place for a pretty good price.

Airport Skyway Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

If you have a really early flight (I had a 6am flight, aka left at 4am), this is a great place to go. Clean, convenient, and quiet. Not the ritz, but if you are looking for that, just pay for a taxi from downtown. The airport transfer is really handy and it was good for the prices you will pay for an airport hotel/hostel. I would recommend it to anyone needing to get to the airport super early.

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

Such a great hostel. The best I've probably ever stayed at. It is made for people traveling alone and/or wanting to meet people. Their attention to little details is amazing and the staff is great. I have been recommending this hostel to everyone traveling to Queenstown!

• 18th Jun 2014

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It is really only the location that keeps this hostel from being rated much higher, but it is right on a main metro line that gets you into the city quickly and the walk from the train to the hostel is easy and safe. The hostel itself is great with awesome decor, a helpful staff, clean bathrooms, and a place to lock up your belongings.

• 22nd Jun 2013

Hostel Elena

Zadar, Croatia

We love Hostel Elena! The location is perfect, right in the center of the old town and 30 seconds from the water. The staff is so nice and accommodating. The owner arranged a private taxi for us to take us to the Plitvice Lakes National Park for 800 kuna total for 4 people (the same price as the bus that only runs once a day) and he waited there for us while we went around the park (which you HAVE TO DO by the way. so beautiful!) The hostel was clean and had a nice kitchen and common room.

• 19th Apr 2013

Lotte - The Backpackers

Heidelberg, Germany

I have stayed in a lot of hostels and Lotte is easily one of the best. The location is perfect, right on the road to the castle in the heart of old town, the place full of charm and cute decor, and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. You feel very secure as they give you a key to use a locker during your stay and the bathrooms and kitchen are very clean. I would recommend anyone to stay here and I will definitely be back!

• 8th Mar 2013