Garden Stone

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Location is great, staff very helpful, there's a swimming pool, breakfast is better than average with bread, cereal, fruit, eggs, cake and coffee. But, the ensuite bathroom was disgusting - it looked like the toilet had never been cleaned and certainly wasn't cleaned during our stay. By our third day, our whole room smelled like the toilet! With a bit more attention to cleanliness, this could be a great hostel though.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Che Salguero Youth Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Lovely staff, good atmosphere. Location is very handy for the bus station but about a 15 minute walk to the town. We had a great night out there - everyone was very friendly. Bathrooms could do with being cleaned more frequently. Showers aren't great - very weak water pressure. But overall a delightful stay!

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

We are happy that you have a good time here at the hostel because we make our best to try to make that possivel! The water pressure was already fixed! :)

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

Incredibly helpful staff with lots of tips for things to do in Mendoza - things you wouldn't find in the guidebooks. Very clean, breakfast good with bread, pastries, fruit, coffee. Location is ideal, halfway between the bus station and town centre. Couldn't fault this hostel - 1 of the best we've stayed in in South America.

• 30th May 2013

Dolce Vita Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

I really liked this hostel - good location, very clean, (basic) free breakfast. But what really makes it are the staff - so helpful and friendly.

• 28th May 2013

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Central location in Colonia (which is well worth a visit, lovely town). Our room was small but cosy, with heating. Staff were helpful. Breakfast is cereal, bread, coffee. Sitting room area is nice. I can't really fault this hostel, would stay there again.

• 27th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

HI Anna, how are you? It's very nice to know you liked our hostel and we are happy to were helpful for you. Come back again when yoy want!!! Kind Regards. Staff!!!

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I would absolutely recommend this hostel. We got a private room for 4 people and it was clean, new, with a hotel-standard ensuite. Breakfast is decent with cereal, bread, coffee and juice. The bar in the hostel is good fun if you want to go out but not overly noisy if you don't. Location is very central.

• 23rd May 2013

Backpackers by the Bay

Airlie Beach, Australia

This is a lovely hostel. I'd definitely recommend staying here - rooms are clean, there's a pool, staff are incredibly nice and helpful. You can book your Whitsundays trips here at the standby rates. It's not right in the centre of town but it's only a 5 minute walk away and so much better than the chain hostels you find in the centre. Thanks for a great stay!

Alice Lodge Backpackers

Alice Springs, Australia

I knew this hostel was a gem as soon as I walked through the door. Free pickup, free breakfast, free WiFi, swimming pool, incredibly helpful staff and great value for money. Definitely book Alice Lodge for your stay in Alice Springs!

• 16th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

I can see why people like this hostel as it's a very friendly and homely place. It's probably a better place to stay if you're spending a bit of time in Melbourne. I was just passing through and found the location a bit awkward and the area didn't seem to be the safest. The rooms and facilities are a bit shabby but the atmosphere at least partially counteracts that. Good to live in, not great for just a couple of nights!

• 6th Mar 2013

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

This is a great hostel overall. The location is a bit out of the centre but in a cool suburb and easily accessible by tram. There's free breakfast, free BBQ on a Friday and people were very friendly. I stayed in a 12 bed dorm which could really do with some extra storage space - I've never stayed in such a messy room! Aside from that though, I would stay here - cool and quirky place.

• 1st Feb 2013

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

This is a pretty unique place to stay. A lot of the features of the jail remain which is cool. Facilities are really good - I enjoyed the attention to detail with black and white striped kitchenware and duvet covers! Staff were helpful for information about Christchurch. The only real disadvantage of this hostel is the distance from the centre (20 minute walk). Overall, a very pleasant stay!

• 18th Jan 2013

Downtown Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

I chose this hostel for the location as we were getting the ferry early the next morning and for this it perfectly located. I liked that it is in an old hotel - lots of character. The rooms are very small and crowded though. Our room was messy and dirty - although I think that this had more to do with the other people in our room than the hostel itself. Also, no lockers in the rooms. Overall, I would stay there if getting an early ferry. Otherwise look elsewhere!

• 1st Jan 2013

Taupo Urban Retreat

Taupo, New Zealand

Nice hostel, great location, good bar. I really liked that there are lockers under the beds. Our dorm room was really nice. We got the chilli meal deal which was good value. The only thing I'd fault it on would be lack of shower facilities - our big dorm wasn't en suite and it was hard to find a free shower at times. Overall a great hostel, would recommend it.

• 30th Dec 2012

Silverfern Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Location is really great, a short walk from the centre. However, the rooms and facilities are just okay. I was annoyed to have to pay a $50 key deposit as I was checking in late and night and planned on checking out early the next morning (before reception was going to be open to give me my cash back!). There are definitely better options for hostels in Auckland, and I'll choose one of those next time I visit.

• 19th Oct 2012

Siem Reap Rooms

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Definitely stay here if you're going to Siem Reap. It's a really nice place - lovely rooms, small rooftop pool, walking distance to the centre, great breakfast in the restaurant. But what really makes it is the local advice given by Phil. He's out to make sure you get the most out of your trip to Siem Reap, so helpful!

• 3rd Aug 2012

Luan Vu

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Luan Vu is a really nice small hotel, right in the backpacker district of Saigon. The owner and staff are incredibly nice and helpful which really adds to the stay there. Nice rooms with air conditioning. Breakfast was basic but good. I'd definitely stay there again on my next trip to Vietnam.

• 1st Aug 2012

Bodega Hostel Hanoi

Hanoi, Vietnam

This is a decent place to stay in Hanoi. The rooms are huge, if a little worn down. Staff are super friendly. Breakfast is of a reasonable standard. Location is great - near enough to walk to everything but not right in the centre of hectic Hanoi!

• 25th Jul 2012

Viengtai Hotel

Bangkok, Thailand

Whilst not a hostel, Viengtai is a good value hotel option in Bangkok. It's very close to the Khao San Road and the price includes a very good buffet breakfast.

• 30th May 2011
  • Globetrotter

This is a really good value place to stay in Chiang Mai. Its location just outside the central part of the town is very convenient. The room we had was very clean, had air con, TV, free water every day, for just a fraction of what you'd pay in any other country. The best thing about this place has got to be the staff. We arrived down to reception on our first morning there with a list of what we'd like to do in Chiang Mai and within a few minutes, they had everything sorted for us - brilliant!

• 25th May 2011
  • Globetrotter

This isn't hostel by any stretch of the imagination - it's a luxury hotel! 3 swimming pools, amazing buffet breakfast, lovely rooms and set right on a white sand beach - what more can I say? Downsides (but they wouldn't put me off staying here) is that it's in a quiet part of Phuket so taxis will be needed to get to the nightlife. Otherwise though, it's the perfect place to just relax and sunbathe and very good value too!

• 9th May 2011

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

The location of this place is ideal, close to the train station, Princes Street, the Royal Mile - couldn't be better. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast (which is included) is also nice. It probably could be cleaner but all in all a good choice for a hostel in Edinburgh.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

More like a hotel than a hostel including the atmosphere (I prefer the more friendly, small hostel atmosphere) Annoying to have to pay for internet. We didn't have the breakfast so I don't know what is was like but it seemed quite expensive. Otherwise, very clean and extremely comfortable beds.

• 1st Sep 2010

Boogie Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

Very good value for money, especially considering a (basic) breakfast is included. Our room was an attic room without bunks which was nice. Very, very quiet - hostel felt almost empty but still a very good choice for staying in Wroclaw.

• 31st Aug 2010

Greg & Tom Party Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Stay here! You're wasting your time staying anywhere else in Krakow! It's clean, excellent facilities (especially lounge downstairs and epic showers), central location, good value for money and unbelievably good fun. It would be very difficult to find fault with this place - best hostel ever!

• 28th Aug 2010

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Location is very convenient for the train station but requires a bit of walking to get into the town centre. Otherwise, this hostel has got everything you need. Clean bathrooms and bedrooms, a bar downstairs. Nice place to stay!

• 27th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

We are very happy that you liked it...

Everything is just as it should be in this hostel so it's hard to find fault. A little annoying that you've to pay for every little thing including internet and having to pay a deposit on sheets. I prefer smaller hostels with a bit more character but if you're looking for somewhere clean, comfortable and central, Yoho Salzburg is exactly this!

• 25th Aug 2010

Bled Hostel

Bled, Slovenia

Our 6 bed dorm was pretty cramped and no lockers so it was hard to know where to put your rucksacks! Beer garden out the back is a good place to start the night. Location is central and staff are very good.

• 23rd Aug 2010

Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Vila Veselova has a good central location. It's very clean and the kitchen/common room facilities are excellent. I laughed at people commenting on how well designed the beds are but it's actually true - definitely the best designed beds I've ever slept in! It was very quiet the night we were there but I could see how this place might be busier/more fun on other nights.

• 22nd Aug 2010

Hostel Manuela

Split, Croatia

This is possibly the best hostel ever when it comes to fun! The roof garden is amazing and makes it so easy to meet people. The hostel itself is in an excellent location, very clean rooms and Manuela and her husband are lovely. Could probably do with lockers in the rooms and the kitchen is quite small. Otherwise, amazing! Everyone who goes to Split should stay here!

• 17th Aug 2010

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Great location. Very clean and modern. Lovely lounge area. It would have been nice if there'd been a bit more fun around the place but I think that this was mainly because it was a Monday night when we stayed!

• 16th Aug 2010

Suite Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is perfectly good without being amazing. Location is ideal. It's also nice that it's broken into flats so that you have your own kitchen/living room. One member of staff tried to charge us one and a half times what we'd been told we were paying so watch out for this!

Location is a bit out of the way but easy enough to get into town. Otherwise, nice and clean hostel.

• 15th Feb 2008