Reviews: carpadiem21

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 26

This place is a bargain and much nicer than is rightfully should be for the price you pay. The common area is great, if a bit small. Kitchen facilities are great, not just a toaster and a microwave. The showers aren't fancy, but they are clean. I had a wonderful last night in Japan here! Definitely recommended for a cheap and comfortable stay in Osaka.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Kawaguchi-ko Station Inn

Mount Fuji, Japan

The staff are amazing. Not only did the owners allow us to keep our bags there over night while we climbed Fuji, they also rented us hiking poles for very cheap and even found small day packs we could use for free! Great bath upstairs and cheap breaky too. Wonderful place. Also fluffiest duvet ever!

In a pinch, good for one night. Bit of a haunted feeling. Not clean. Found bugs in the futons. Bring a sleeping bag liner. Great staff and location however.

We are very sorry that make you feel haunted. Although a true thing is said and pest control is carried out once in 4 weeks, pest control cannot be carried out still very much perfectly. But it is no excuse. We felt sorry truly. Thank you that our staff and location are great.

Kaze-no Yasuyado

Matsumoto, Japan

The owners are wonderful. Though the hostel is a bit far away they will drive you to and from the station. Good atmosphere, comfy beds, definitely recommended.

Backpackers Miyajima

Hiroshima, Japan

I don't like to leave a bad review but not impressed with the rude staff or inappropriate lack of privacy in this hostile. Toilet right next to the sink where people wash their dishes? No curtains in mixed dorms. One of the "owners" was rather annoying and quite douchey. Couldn't wait to leave honestly. Satisfactory in a pinch but no atmosphere and just dirty feeling. Yuck. Won't be back.

Bit of a tight squeeze in and out of the rooms if you have big luggage but the beds are spacious with good privacy. Overall a pleasant stay in Sendai!

Marks Inn Sapporo

Sapporo, Japan

Definitely not a hostel. A good cheap hotel if you are looking for privacy and a fairly delicious and free breakfast. Only bad thing I have to say is the wifi was truly garbage in my room.

Jimmyz Backpackers

Sapporo, Japan

Jimmy is a champ, very helpful and super friendly. Only complaint I have is that there are no individual bunk lights or curtains. Otherwise great stay!

Good location near the subway and a great park. Wonderful host will make you breakfast in the morning! Overall pretty pleased. I'd definitely stay again.

Great kitchen with lots of space. Lots of information on the sites in the area. Super comfy beds! I'd recommend it to anyone and would stay here again. I think the wifi may have been a bit sporadic but otherwise great place.

Miyanoura Portside Youth Hostel

Kagoshima Yakushima Island, Japan

Great location near ferries and bus stop. But the real reason to stay here is the owner. He is very knowledgeable about the island and will answer all your questions in jouzu English. Just be warned there isn't a fully equipped kitchen. Not a big deal in my opinion. Loved it here! Would definitely stay again.

Green Guest House

Kagoshima, Japan

Super convienent location five minutes from ferry terminal. Great value. A/C in the room was a big help! If that isn't enough there is a beer vending machine. I can only recommend this place.

Casa Noda

Nagasaki, Japan

The kitchen isn't great if you are looking to cook but they provide ingredients for breakfast so that's a bonus. Also the staff are great. Good English language skills. Very helpful and talkative. All in all I would stay here again. Close to all the major sightseeing and train station.

Aso Base Backpackers

Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan

As everyone else has said...this place is amazing! I stayed an extra night. Best hostel I've ever been in. Nicer and cleaner than any hotel I've ever been in. At a fraction of the cost. Awesomely friendly and helpful owners. Spotless kitchen makes you want to cook in it. Great times in the common area. Highly recommended. I can't wait to go back.

Yufuin Country Road Youth Hostel

Ohita Prefecture Yufuin Onsen Spa, Japan

Beautifully decorated. Good atmosphere, the hosts are great. Only down side is it is a bit of a jaunt from town and grocery stores so I suggest paying the bit extra for dinner and/or breakfast. Which smelled delicious. Also bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper!

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

The dorms were small but comfortable. The on site onsen was great though a bit scalding for me! Lots of great information in the common areas and the staff were helpful and adorable. Good English skills as well. I would stay again for sure.

Hotel Mikado