Reviews: heatherlapp778

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

This is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at! It was super clean, staff were friendly and helpful, and other guests were polite and respectful of others. The hostel also had a private flamenco show planned for us and other hostels' guests for only 13 Euros. Great location and very safe! Also included towels!

• 4th Aug 2013

Great location near the beach, Picasso Museum, Picasso's birthplace, and several restaurants/bars. Very nice staff! Could do with more showers/toilets- our floor only had one of each in the same room & the shower didn't drain well. Visiting other floors, the showers were very clean & drained fine so I'm not sure why ours was so questionable. Also, our room faced the front with bars open until 3am so sleep wasn't great.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Thanks for your review! Yep, we are installin new showers but it s summer and most Spanish in August are loud on the streets at night more often than working on our plumbing :D Manana as they say here...

I stayed in a private room with a friend and the place was spotless! We felt very safe here, though we did have to trek quite far with heavy bags from the bus stop. The hostel seemed very relaxed. We had some issues with the wifi (it randomly just wouldn't work for us for a few hours) but other than that, this was a great place to stay!

• 31st Jul 2013

Pension Versalles

Alicante, Spain

The hostel is very close to the beach and to the Castillo de Santa Barbara and I felt completely safe here! The owner was SO nice and helpful! While this wasn't the cleanest hostel I have stayed at, the value for what I paid and the friendliness of the staff made up for it. It has a lot of Spanish charm in an old building and lots of beach supplies to borrow! I loved its charm and relaxedness.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

As a solo traveller, this hostel was SO much fun! Lots of things to do at night (dinners, sangria, pub crawls, clubbing) and everyone - staff and other guests - were very friendly and sociable. Very safe, great location between Casa Batllo and La Sagrada Familia, clean. It is definitely a party hostel though - didn't get great sleep as guests are up at all hours and noisy. Highly recommend for those traveling alone who want to meet people and party in Barcelona!

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I absolutely loved this hostel! I was traveling alone but immediately made friends (other guests were very friendly/nice) & really enjoyed it. The room was exceptionally clean, I felt like I was at a hotel! The bar/restaurant was great for cheap food & drink deals as well as an excellent social atmosphere- we stayed here until close each night! I was nervous about its location but it was great- I felt completely safe & loved its proximity to everything Amsterdam has to offer!

Hostel ROOM Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

I had so much fun here! I met some great people and the staff were very nice. The hostel has lots of various activities planned so if you can't decide what to do or are traveling alone as I was, you can meet other guests and have a great time. I felt very safe and comfortable here not mention it's location is perfect - a block from the harbor and >10 mins walk to all of the bars.

Antwerp Central Youth Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

This hostel was very clean/safe -perfect for a solo female traveler- but these things also made it feel very sterile. I really wanted some color on the walls or a brightly colored painting or something to brighten up the place. When I traveled here, I was lucky enough to have an awesome roommate who with we met 2 other solo travelers and had a great time but other guests were doing work etc. so the atmosphere wasn't very fun while I was there. Location can't be beat - I could walk everywhere!

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

This hostel is very close to a metro stop & thus makes it easy to get to & from while you are traveling around the city. The toilets were very clean but the showers left a lot to be desired (although when I visited there was construction on the ground floor so maybe this will carry on upstairs). Rooms were average, but I stayed above the bar- not good as music played late some nights & I like to go to bed at midnight. Bar tender was very friendly & had good beer suggestions!