Reviews: heatherlapp778

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 30

The Riverhouse Backpackers, Cardiff, Wales
31st Aug 2014

Love everything about this hostel! Abi and Charlie are so nice and welcoming, the rooms and bathrooms were exceptionally clean, security was excellent, great location, incredible breakfast, free WiFi, and nice a relaxed! In addition, they have special nights with free dessert or £1 dinners. Although I didn't take advantage of it, they also have lots of books, games, and television for a night in. Highly recommend!!!

Abigails Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
15th Aug 2014

Very clean and excellent location right in Temple Bar - close to everything! Security is excellent though there are no lockers in the rooms (at least the ones I was in!). WiFi worked everywhere. Hot showers. Great included breakfast! Nice staff. Would def stay again!

Euro Hostel Liverpool, Liverpool, England
24th May 2014

I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm + ensuite. Great stay - the room and facilities were very clean and comfortable. The location is great for shopping, sightseeing, and bars (though note that if you want a "younger" crowd for the bar scene you may need to venture over to Concert Square), as well as very easy to get to from Liverpool Lime St Station . Because of its ideal location however it is quite loud as you are right overlooking several bars that stay open late but reception has free ear plugs.

Room007 Ventura Hostel, Madrid, Spain
4th Aug 2013

This is one of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at! It was super clean, staff were friendly and helpful, and other guests were polite and respectful of others. The hostel also had a private flamenco show planned for us and other hostels' guests for only 13 Euros. Great location and very safe! Also included towels!

8.0
2nd Aug 2013

Great location near the beach, Picasso Museum, Picasso's birthplace, and several restaurants/bars. Very nice staff! Could do with more showers/toilets- our floor only had one of each in the same room & the shower didn't drain well. Visiting other floors, the showers were very clean & drained fine so I'm not sure why ours was so questionable. Also, our room faced the front with bars open until 3am so sleep wasn't great.

Thanks for your review! Yep, we are installin new showers but it s summer and most Spanish in August are loud on the streets at night more often than working on our plumbing :D Manana as they say here...

White Nest Hostel - Granada, Granada, Spain
31st Jul 2013

I stayed in a private room with a friend and the place was spotless! We felt very safe here, though we did have to trek quite far with heavy bags from the bus stop. The hostel seemed very relaxed. We had some issues with the wifi (it randomly just wouldn't work for us for a few hours) but other than that, this was a great place to stay!

Pension Versalles, Alicante, Spain
29th Jul 2013

The hostel is very close to the beach and to the Castillo de Santa Barbara and I felt completely safe here! The owner was SO nice and helpful! While this wasn't the cleanest hostel I have stayed at, the value for what I paid and the friendliness of the staff made up for it. It has a lot of Spanish charm in an old building and lots of beach supplies to borrow! I loved its charm and relaxedness.

Sant Jordi Alberg, Barcelona, Spain
26th Jul 2013

As a solo traveller, this hostel was SO much fun! Lots of things to do at night (dinners, sangria, pub crawls, clubbing) and everyone - staff and other guests - were very friendly and sociable. Very safe, great location between Casa Batllo and La Sagrada Familia, clean. It is definitely a party hostel though - didn't get great sleep as guests are up at all hours and noisy. Highly recommend for those traveling alone who want to meet people and party in Barcelona!

St Christopher's at The Winston, Amsterdam, Netherlands
11th Apr 2013

I absolutely loved this hostel! I was traveling alone but immediately made friends (other guests were very friendly/nice) & really enjoyed it. The room was exceptionally clean, I felt like I was at a hotel! The bar/restaurant was great for cheap food & drink deals as well as an excellent social atmosphere- we stayed here until close each night! I was nervous about its location but it was great- I felt completely safe & loved its proximity to everything Amsterdam has to offer!

Hostel ROOM Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
9th Apr 2013

I had so much fun here! I met some great people and the staff were very nice. The hostel has lots of various activities planned so if you can't decide what to do or are traveling alone as I was, you can meet other guests and have a great time. I felt very safe and comfortable here not mention it's location is perfect - a block from the harbor and >10 mins walk to all of the bars.

Antwerp Central Youth Hostel, Antwerp, Belgium
7th Apr 2013

This hostel was very clean/safe -perfect for a solo female traveler- but these things also made it feel very sterile. I really wanted some color on the walls or a brightly colored painting or something to brighten up the place. When I traveled here, I was lucky enough to have an awesome roommate who with we met 2 other solo travelers and had a great time but other guests were doing work etc. so the atmosphere wasn't very fun while I was there. Location can't be beat - I could walk everywhere!

• USA, Female,
Brussels Hello Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
7.7
5th Apr 2013

This hostel is very close to a metro stop & thus makes it easy to get to & from while you are traveling around the city. The toilets were very clean but the showers left a lot to be desired (although when I visited there was construction on the ground floor so maybe this will carry on upstairs). Rooms were average, but I stayed above the bar- not good as music played late some nights & I like to go to bed at midnight. Bar tender was very friendly & had good beer suggestions!