Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Great hostel! Super clean and great location. Only downside is the sad included breakfast (bread and spreads) and no free wifi :(

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

A good hostel to stay at in this small town. Very clean and has good wifi and also an excellent kitchen.

Franz Josef Montrose

Franz Josef, New Zealand

Franz Josef montrose is a cosy hostel to stay at. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Only downside is wifi is only in the common areas and the showers leak everywhere. But otherwise, a nice hostel :)

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

A great hostel: nice and clean and had good facilities. Only drawbacks are limited car larks (about 10) and only 1 hour free wifi.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to rate our hostel. You'll be pleased to hear that we have recently installed a new wifi provider and we are in a position to offer a a lot more free data with a complimentary 500mb voucher at check in and competitive pricing for buying further vouchers ($5 for 5GB/ $10 for 15GB) The car park can often be busy when we are full but there are extra spaces just opposite by the railings. Kind regards The Jailhouse team

Amazing hostel in an awesome location: rich next to pike market. Free breakfast is pretty good: eggs, pancakes, bread and fruit. Stay here!

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Great location, excellent activities, lovely staff. Stay here!

AAE Universal Maingate

Orlando, USA

I stayed at the days inn (aae maingate) as it was close to universal studios: an easy 15 minute walk. And the hotel also provided transportation to disney world, however it's very early in the morning. The bus departs at 7:15 am or 12:20pm (or sometime around then) and then returns from disney around 6 or 10pm. So be prepared to have a long day at disney world. The complimentary breakfast is pretty standard: cereal, toast, oatmeal, juice and coffee & tea. Overall an ok stay!

Great location: close to the main st and shops. The breakfast could be healthier: just pancakes gets a bit boring after 3 days and its not that nutritious. The kitchen facilities could be better. There were no plates for breakfast! Showers and toilets are a bit weird with no sink in them. But there's sinks in the bedrooms instead. But overall a fine place to stay in San Fran.

It's an average hostel. Location is ok, easy to walk to all the sights. The breakfast is average: massive bagel, fruit, cereal and juice/coffee. The Internet sucks though and works only in the common areas and stops working at 11pm. Total bull! Expensive but can't be anywhere cheaper in NYC.

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

Surprisingly a good little gem of a hostel in NYC. Easy to get to and an ok location: really close to the flatiron building. The breakfast is amazing: waffles, cereal, fruit, etc! It was endless and so fresh. I'd stay here again just for the breakfast. The rooms were good. The only downside is the bathroom was a bit odd: it was between 2 bedrooms and you had to lock from inside and outside. I can't really explain it. But I was afraid I'd get locked in. But all was good.

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

An amazing hostel! The beds are so comfy and the included breakfast is amazing. Hello bagels!! It's a bit expensive but you can't get places much cheaper. Location is good: close to chinatown and quite safe. The hostel also has lots of activities for guests as well which was nice. Great place to stay!

Pasiphae Hotel

Heraklion, Greece

I choose this hostel because it was close to the port, since I'd be catching an early morning ferry. But I wouldn't stay here otherwise except for a place to stay for a night. The room had a strong ammonia smell and I expected better for the price.

Hotel Alexis

Crete, Greece

We booked this hostel because we thought it was close to Chania centre, it's a 20-30 minute walk into the centre or otherwise you can take a bus. We waited 30mins for someone to come to the reception area to check us in. And the toilet seat was falling off and the shower leaked water everywhere. But it was a fine enough hotel though with a nice restaurant.

• 10th May 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Alexis hotel. Happy you liked the restaurant!! That is correct, there are shuttle buses to and from the city center every 20 minutes. I apologize for the water leakage on the bathroom floor; we are in the process of installing new shower curtains. Please remember, reception hours are limited and it is recommended that you let us know of your approximate time of arrival.

The map makes it look right next to Munich hopbanhauf and not one station from it, which is why we booked it due to its closeness to the station

• 6th May 2013

HI Munich-City

Munich, Germany

I really liked HI munich. It is in a cute neighbourhood that is a few metro stops for Munich hopbanhauf. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. And the breakfast had a variety of options! But it was a bit pricey. But overall a good stay