I honestly cannot fault this hostel. From the lovely design, comfy warm beds, heating thought, eggs for breaky, full equipped kitchen and lovey staff it was great. Add clean and easy to get to and you have 100% satisfaction from me.

great to hear such a good description from our guests! we apprecciate it!

The Cranky Croc Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Loved this hostel. Standout facilities were the comfy beds and warm duvets. Kitchen annd staff were also great. A place you can hang out and don't feel you've wasted a day.

Black Sheep Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

Great place. All the facilities were great, the beds were comfy and the rooms spacious. The kitchen was awesome and always clean. Great atmosphere and super helpful staff. Stay there and party at casa kiwi up the road. Too easy!

La Serrana

Salento, Colombia

Beautiful scenery and clean, good hostel. It is out of town but the walk in was beautiful. My shower was great but this apparently wasn't the same in every room! Really good breaky too...eggs in the morning are a rare break from the bread and jam. Only drawback was the wif-fi was rubbish.

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Great location, showers were good, and actual setting was good for socialising etc. The staff were pretty hit and miss though and I found them on the whole pretty unhelpful ...with exception of one French staff member! I ended up stating for 5 nights due o a bus strike and overall had avoid experience but I put that more down to the people I met. Oh, and the wifi only worked near reception so ask for a room down front.

Hostel e Pousada El Shaddai

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Great location but fairly soulless. I arrived at 1am so had purposely booked a private room to get some sleep and not disturb others but the room they put me in had just been bug sprayed and I couldn't sleep for the fumes. Fair play to them though as they at least found me another room at 3am...just wish they didn't put me in there in the first place? Staff were super helpful which made up for the room fiasco and pretty average breaky. Don't believe the other review hype about the food!

Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Santa Mix was a home away from home. Comfy, spacious and clean but most importantly warm, welcoming staff and owners who were super helpful and fun:) The rooftop view and BBQ's they host are second to none and as a bonus you get to hang out with locals when the staff invite their mates around. Best hostel vibe on my 3 months journey in South America yet! Mostly chilled with a good dose of partying every now and again:)

Hostel de la Viuda

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Thanks Seb! Made it to the border, have my ticket and just waiting to the next bus. I loved my stay with you and really appreciate everything you did for me:) Thanks mate.

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

This hostel had a lovely feel about it. The building itself had a lot of character, yet was clean, tidy and in a great location in the old town. Staff were super friendly (the girls more than the guys!) and in general was pretty chilled out and welcoming.

Don Santiago Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Sorry it took me so long, but thanks for all your help Roddy! So far so good:) Hope to see you back in N Z!