Totters

Caernarfon, Wales

They didn't check our IDs and didn't even collect our money until the morning after our stay. This was fine for us, but could be dangerous for them! I guess the atmosphere is very different than in big cities, because the other North Wales hostel I stayed at was similarly trusting.

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Mostly good, but the place we stayed (across the street from the main part of the hostel) was FREEZING everywhere except the bedrooms. And the bathroom light didn't work for the first day. Also, the rug on the stairs was loose and my friend fell. But staff was very friendly and facilities were otherwise good.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Had the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on one night, and the bar staff forgot about me once when I ordered dinner :( Other than that, was good. Have lockers for your stuff and a locked room to store it in after checking out. Free nonalcoholic drinks at the bar and gummy bears and stuff! Also, I love the location, across from the Battersea powerstation. The bus line that runs through takes you to a lotof the main places in London, too.