Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Hostel Kokopelli

Lima, Peru

Don't go here if you plan on wanting to catch a single ounce of sleep. Even the private rooms are DIRECTLY underneath the bar so all night long you can hear chairs scraping and the bass pounding from it, as well as from just down the road. I've travelled the world and I would have to say this was the LOUDEST place I have EVER stayed! Can't actually believe it. Don't know if it was just the crowd it attracts or what it was, but I just wouldn't recommend unless you plan on NO/NONE/ZERO sleep.

• 15th Dec 2014

Good hostel. My only disappointment is that after telling the staff the night before we needed to leave at 8am and she told us she would be around - she wasn't and a friend of who happened to be around for some reason (but wasn't manning the counter or anything) hesitantly gave me 10,000 WON from her purse! I felt like a theif! Twas only 10,000 WON but not exactly the point!! Aside from that - the location is great and they were very friendly staff and owners who welcomed us.

• 6th Oct 2014

Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

Loved it! Brilliant spot, lovely private double room. Brilliant, comfortable accommodation with travel desk, social areas and great location. Would definitely come back. Thanks guys!

• 31st Mar 2013

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Excellent! Loved staying there, was a nice place, comfortable, felt like a hotel to us (stayed in a private en-suite for a change at the end of our NZ holiday!) but still had the benefits of a travel desk and fun common room. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• 25th Mar 2013

Crank Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

I didn't believe earlier reviews about the dirty sheets, but unfortunately experienced it ourselves. Aside from that, the idiots who decided it was a great idea to begin partying outside our window on both nights we stayed, and the noise from downstairs common room that travelled all the way up to us on level three - it was fine. Gym was good considering barely any hostels I've stayed at throughout the world have had one and the rock climbing was great! Wouldn't recommend it unfortunately.

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Austria

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

Good location, not in the centre of town but close to mount Edin and walking distance to shops, bars and restaurants in that area. Lots of parking too if you bring your own car/camper. Had an ensure room and it was fine, comfortable, clean, and had a nice deck you could sit out in the sun on. Overall would recommend!

• 22nd Mar 2013