Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 31

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The dorm room is on the 3rd floor, so after a long day it's not the most welcome thing. The common area is nice and it's nice to have a cup of tea and sit. There are lockers available for the dorms, just make sure you get a key before you go up to the dorm. It's not too far from the metro and is in a good spot. The dorm is nice enough and the bathrooms are nice. Good spot!

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

This is a nice guesthouse, aside from the loud thumping bass coming from next door. It stops after midnight, but makes it a miserable time otherwise. There were a few thefts in the dorm. Everything else is good. Clean enough, staff is quite nice, and breakfast is toast.

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This was my second time staying at Deejai's. It is a great place to meet people and create new friendships. It's in a quiet spot, but still close enough to everything. The staff is fantastic! My only issue is during both stays there I get covered in big bites. I used bug repellent, upped my B vitamins, washed with citronella soap, but it did not help. I don't know what kind of bugs though. Some bites turned to blisters and other made my ankles swell. Otherwise this hostel is a great spot!

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

This place is amazing! Great view from the common area and really nice atmosphere. The dorms are bamboo huts with thin walls; so if you're affected by noises bring your ear plugs. Met so many great people there! For security don't worry, Scruffy is there to protect and love. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

Security is great and the location is fantastic. Easy to find after just arriving. I had a run in with bed bugs here, but the staff immediately helped out! Good spot with nice aircon and comfortable beds.

Udai Haveli Guest House

Udaipur, India

I enjoyed most having a mouse for a roommate.

Hotel Amax Inn

New Delhi, India

It's a place to sleep, shower, and grab a bite to eat. Air/con was nice, but loud. Wifi is only in reception. Hot water was not in my room. It is close to New Delhi Station and not too difficult to find (with a map or map app). Easy to almost anywhere in the city via metro, which is close.

Dina's Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Dina's Hostel is right downtown, so you can't beat the location. It is a well staffed hostel too (including cleaning crew)! Beds comfortable in good sized rooms. The bathrooms are ok, but drainage isn't the best and there are Mosquitos. I highly recommend a stay here!