Location Taiwan, Gender Female, Age 24

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
Affittacamere Da Silvia, Cinque Terre, Italy
6.6
28th Jun 2013

I had a single room; it was overall clean, but the bed was slightly sandy and there was a lot of dust hanging from the ceiling light. I wasn't told that the hot shower would run out but it did during both nights of my stay. There was no blanket in my room, only two thin sheets, which weren't enough to keep me warm at night. The cleaning lady walked into my room at 9:00am quite unexpectedly. It was nice that they provided a small furnished kitchen and a hair drier even though I didn't use them.

Fusion Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
21st Jun 2013

The room was clean but someone took my friend's assigned bed. It was conveniently located by the train station although we had trouble finding the place with the provided instructions online (it was almost too close to be true at first haha.) It was nice that they provide daily warm breakfast buffet even though it wasn't included in the stay. The darkness and neon lights at Fusion was a little odd but I guess it adds a certain character. They arranged activities but the rooms are quiet at night!

17th Jun 2013

The staffs were friendly when we were checking in and consulting them for activity suggestions. They even actively called a company that we were having trouble communicating with and helped resolved the confusion. The dorm was very nice and clean but there was no A/C so it got pretty hot and stuffy at night. All the facilities were nice except that most of the driers in the laundry room didn't dry properly. We met some really nice people at the hostel and were able to chill in the common area!

Langstars, Zurich, Switzerland
16th Jun 2013

The place offers one free drink for the hostel stayers! The happy hour beer deal was nice too, especially when things are so expensive in the general area. There wasn't really enough bathrooms and showers on each floor even though there are some extra ones in the bar. The dorm room was quite tight but it was clean and quiet. The founder of the hostel is a nice guy to talk with!

Lucky Lake Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
13th Jun 2013

I really enjoyed my trailor van and slept REALLY well during both nights of my stay. The shower room was surprisingly clean and spacious. The breakfast was great and the facilities in the hostel really allowed me to meet a great crowd. The location of the hostel was a little out of the way but nothing difficult to manage with the frequent shuttle services. It's actually nice to be staying at a place that is not overpriced and grimey when in Amsterdam. The lake was close by and really beautiful!

7.7
11th Jun 2013

The staffs were super great and friendly! We hung out at the bar and even went out at night. I met some great people at the hostel, as well as some odd ones. The downsides are that the shower is quite tight and can get grimey and that there was only ONE electric socket in an 8 bed dorm. The door to my room doesn't close all the way so it doesn't always lock. There was an old regular who has been visiting the hostel's bar for years (or decades?), she had a sad story but got really mean at times.

Funny Palace Hostel, Rome, Italy
18th Mar 2013

The room was new and very clean, and the shower was strong. it was nice to have a free, electronic safe in the room. The bottle of wine my friends and I received at checkin was a very sweet gesture from the hostel. The staffs were friendly and kindly helped us plan the most efficient way to visit Rome since we were only staying for less than a day. The atmosphere of the place felt more like a hotel than a hostel; we didn't get to interact with too many people, but we had a comfortable stay.

My Friends, Florence, Italy
17th Mar 2013

Nadina and Elio were SO sweet and helpful. Since my friends and I were only staying in Florence for less than a day, Nadina helped us pick out the must-visit sites and the most delicious but affordable restaurants and dessert places to go. During our stay, all the guests we met adored Nadina, and we couldn't agree more that she really puts her heart into providing the most comfortable environment for the guests. We also met some really great people at the hostel! I will definitely come back! (:

A Venice Fish, Venice, Italy
7.1
16th Mar 2013

We had a little trouble finding the hostel since every bridge and corner looked similar to one another in Venice. The 10 bed dorm was clean and had plenty of electric sockets! Hot water runs out from time to time but they do give you a heads up about it when you check in. We brought some wine back to chill with other travelers at the hostel; the common area had plent of space. Since they implement a quiet hour policy at the hostel the rooms were quiet at night, which was really nice.