The Mango Tree

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The best hostel we stayed on ou trip in Brazil. Very friendly English speaking staff. Lovely breakfast and relatively clean rooms and bathrooms. You don't need more- excellent location- this place will see me again! Thx to Rich and his team!

• 1st Apr 2013

Rio Forest Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

List of Pro's and Cons: Let's start with the cons: Arrived ant the reception could barely speak English. We were placed in a dorm downstairs-on suite- but no hot water for three nights. Breakfast was not a buffet and I waited ages for mine. Dorm was very small with no wifi reaching our dorm. Some of the PC's didn't work. To top it- I saw a rat running outside our room the size of a small dog. Pro's: Good location if you are a partier-next to lapa- we had some good nights there.

• 29th Mar 2013

Ô de Casa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great location and very friendly staff. Will come back for sure. SP not the greatest of tourist cities, but it was worth while getting to know the culture. The hostel has amazing character and the staff is very helpfull. Not so clean, but hey, it's SP!

• 21st Mar 2013
  • South Africa

I must confess we didn't quite understand that: "not so clean, but hey, it's SP". is it that sp isn't clean? or brazil in general? or sp compensates the fact that hostel is dirty?? well, strange, but we prefer not to think much about this one. Still, well, we will always keep a good eye on how clean the hostel is. Thanks for ur advice.