The Backpackshack

Derek (the owner) was excellent. He was always very interested in what we were up to and whether we liked it. Had lots of good recommendations of things to do. Only problem was that it is a bit far out from the center, but at-least it is still within a 10 minute walk from the tube.

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Kind of expensive for what you get. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hostel, and the location is excellent (right in the middle of the old walled town). If it were 5 quid cheaper a night then it would be more suited to what you get.

Thank you for your feedback. It is interesting that you believe our hostel is overpriced as this has never been an issue, although we will be sure to take your opinion into account. Our prices are dependent on our city centre location in an extremely popular tourist destination. There is a high demand for accommodation in York, however our prices are still considered budget and are extremely competitive compared to other hotels and guesthouses in the area. We believe our little extras such as discounted food, complimentary tea, coffee and fresh milk, our exciting decor, high cleanliness standards and friendly customer service also add to the value of money. Nevertheless we really appreciate your feedback and are very glad you had a pleasant stay with us. Hope to see you back one day!

Small hostel, really didn't feel like a hostel. The guy running the place was excellent. He immediately sat us down upon arrival and explained the layout of the city and made some recommendations. I would stay here again

Dar El Yasmine

Fez, Morocco

Absolutely amazing. Simply the best hospitality I have seen in any hostel/hotel/etc. in a years worth of traveling. The staff are excellent, the communal dinners at the hostel are a lot of fun (especially if you can join in the cooking). We only paid for one night and they let us stay until 2am the next as we were waiting for night train that left at 2:30am. I would recommend Dar El Yasmine to anyone, and I know that I will be staying there if I am ever in Fez again.