Reviews: ploplo

Location: Philippines, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Lovely staff - cheers to Kate! very helpful. Clean - love how they kept on making my bed during the day. Great place to meet people too! However, note that they allow outsiders into the hostel common area, which is really not that separated from the rooms. While the 'non-guests' that I met were lovely, this privilege can be abused by someone in the future :) Aside from that, my only other gripe was the wifi-signal being a little weak in the mixed dorm room.

• 20th Sep 2013

Old Taiwan (Liouhe) Hostel

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Two things: Wasn't originally staying here, but my other hostel got a bed bug issue. I'm so glad that happened cause this is probably my favorite hostel from the five hostels I stayed in Taiwan! And the other thing? It was the cheapest too! Great location, very clean rooms and baths, other facilities are great and the owner Viola is just lovely :) She'll definitely make you feel right at home! Had Usagi not been on its way to Kaohsiung, I would have extended my stay here. :D

• 19th Sep 2013

Formosa Backpackers Hostel

Hualien, Taiwan

Very very nice hostel - I stayed at the mixed dorm and did not have problems with the airconditioning - we did have to figure out the remote at first though. They also had lockers, although you have to provide your own lock or rent from them. - Also, there is more than one bathroom! The one on the third floor being the nicest :) - Location wise, it's between the station and downtown so pretty OK. It was more than a 15 minute walk from the station though.

• 15th Sep 2013
  • Philippines

Thank you Florian,we are happy to know that you enjoy your stay,and Formosa Backpackers is always your home in Taiwan,hope to see you next time :) Bon voyage!

Lamb Tour House

Taipei, Taiwan

Great hostel! - clean rooms and toilets - helpful staff - gave me directions how to get to Yangmingshan National Park - great location - minutes walk to/from the Main Station as well as having countless food/drinks/shopping/convenience stores near the hostel. I admit it took me a while to find the hostel initially though.

• 14th Sep 2013