Clink78

Probalby the most focused hostel I've seen. They know what people want - and the've focused their effort in right directions. I can certainly recomend this place. Cleanliness leaves a litte place for improvement but it's already different level then most hostels I've stayed in. Protip: If you want more quiet sleep remember to ask them for room above 1st floor.

Hey there! Thanks a lot for staying with us and for such a nice review. We are trying to deliver not only a good customer service but also an incredible experience so your review means a lot to us. Hope to see you soon! Enjoy the rest of your travels! Clink Team

London Private Rooms

There was so many things wrong with this place it's hard to pick most important but: - Staff is extremaly incopent and/or pathological liars. - Information about room and conditions in info section are inacurate and/or lies as well. - "Deluxe" room was dirty and had mould. - Blinds and window was broken, they were not fixed for 8 days despite several phonecalls. - Had to call 5 times to get invoice. I've stayed in several budget places in London but this was by far my worst expirience. AVOID

• 11th May 2013
  • Poland

Equity Point London

This hostel seems to be geared towards large tourist groups. From outside looks amazing, from the inside ... less so. Color line system - while great idea - was very badly implemented and thus confusing. It's really hard to find a way to it from Paddington station. And for amount of money I've paid I expected much better standard.

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Room I was in was very loud (right next to a very busy street), and you couldn't close the window becouse you'd suffocate otherwise. Besides that Hostel was very nice, staff helpful, beds clean.

We are working on that problem and hope to solve it as soon as possible! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed everything else, thank you :)

Astor Museum Inn

Hostel was very nice. Staff helpful. Only thing I was missing was a clean towel.

Hotel Sergul

Very nice B&B. Owner is very nice and helpful. Location is very close to severl metro line so you can quickly (~30 mins - yes it's quick) reach almost any destination in central London. Neighbourhood has several nice restaurants - from cheap&good (becouse it's cheap & good) chineese restaurant, to very good polish (Malina) and spanish (Tapas) restaurants. Room was cleaned every day. Best location I've stayed in london so far.

• 29th Apr 2013
  • Poland

This hostel is really a dorm. And it has all downsides of dorm. I was placed in 4 people room with 3 permanent residents. One of them invited his friend to stay over, so I was in fact living in 5 people room. Room itself smelled BAD, it had to be constantly vented, which also made it cold. shower inside room didn't work, I was told to use communal one in the hall, which in turn was full of fungus and had vents completely blocked with dust. For that price value was simple horrible. Avoid.

I've booked a single room for one night to check out this hostel and it was a good idea. Room smelled very bad. I mean REALLY bad, I had to leave window open most of the time. Wifi was tragic and you had to pay for internet cable. Staff was competent but nothing beyoud that. Food was horrible. Bathrooms very filthy. I'm not picky! I've lived in dorm for several years, it was much cleaner and I've paid for it 4GBP per day though, not 25+. Value for money is horribly tragic.

Pickwick Hall

Staff was very helpful and nice. Amazing location. Great common room. Very nice rooms. It's very quiet. Only problem I had was that they have double taps (hot +cold water separately) and only one (hot) stream in some showers (This seems to be a british thing though, I've seen them everwhere). I'm definitely booking it for another trip to London.