Reviews: kmfrosta

Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 23

D-Well Hostel, Chiang Mai, Thailand
26th Jan 2016

The cleanliness, atmosphere, and staff at D-Well Hostel were all impeccable. It was in a great location - close to lots going on on Thae Pae Road. The only downfall was the value - I feel that it is overpriced for what you get. For paying 400B, I would expect even a light breakfast. The walls are also very thin so if you want to sleep early, make sure you bring earplugs. Overall, I loved my stay here but wouldn't stay again unless there was a drop in the price.

18th Jul 2013

I only stayed here one night but loved it. The atmosphere was fantastic and Roberto, the owner, is hilarious and super nice to talk to. Each room has their own bathroom and mini kitchen (with mini fridge) which is really nice. Breakfast was a nice spread too...bread, meat and cheese, yogourt, fruit...and you could have as much as you wanted. With tons of writing from past 'residents' all over the walls, you can tell fun is always had by all. I'd definitely stay here again.

The Adventure Brew B&B, La Paz, Bolivia
13th Jul 2013

Amazing value for your money...free beer every night you stay! Definitely a party hostel though so if you're looking for rest...don't stay here. Hot water in showers each time I used. Loved that I could go in between the B&B a few doors over and the hostel for whatever service I needed. The only problems were that they rarely had towels readily available and that sometimes the bathroom floors were soaking wet (all over). Otherwise, I'd definitely stay here again.

The Singing Lamb Backpackers, Puerto Natales, Chile
20th Mar 2013

This hostel was absolutely fantastic. It had a great atmosphere and was a lovely, clean facility. There is tons to do on your nights/days off in the building itself (board games, cards, pool table, mini-library, etc.) but it's also very close to the center of town if you want to go out. The breakfast was delicious - homemade jam and bread, oatmeal AND scrambled eggs cooked on the spot and coffee/tea. Susan was a delight to chat with and has very interesting stories! I would 100% stay here again!

Hospedaje Magallanes, Punta Arenas, Chile
18th Mar 2013

I had a lovely time at Hospedaje Magallanes. I loved how small and home-like it felt; everyone that stayed there seemed to be on the same page and therefore I had no doubts in leaving my things out during the day while I was off doing other things. The breakfast was great...homemade bread...cereal...yogourt...and always a "surprise" (eggs/crepe/fruit salad/flan) brought out by the cook :) Sebastian and Marisol are super friendly and their current intern, Stef, was awesome too!

This kind of comments full us of energy to keep rolling in this bussines :) Muchos saludos, Marisol, Sebastian, Stef, Lucho & Emilia!!