Reviews: marquardtscott7919

Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 33

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Overall a great hostel with lots of planned activities including €2 paella! It's very easy to meet people in the comfy and large common room. It can be a bit of a party hostel if you're looking for sleep but not as bad as others I've been to. Would definitely recommend it.

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

Absolutely nothing I can say bad about this place, well except maybe for the stinky British lads who run the place (just kidding boys you smell fresh as flowers haha). A young group of friends have recently taken over the hostel and they greet every guest with a huge smile and even remember your name. Don't miss out on the communal meals on the incredible rooftop terrace. One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced at a hostel - Scott from Canada

The River Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Really great hostel in a central location and very cheap. The only issue, and I'm sad to say it, is that there is one woman working the front desk who is VERY unfriendly and in general not very helpful. I suppose part of it may have been the language barrier (I don't speak Spanish) but she just seemed really angry any time I had to ask a question. It's too bad because the owner is so nice so I just waited until he was working, usually in the evenings.

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

Fantastic hostel, one of the nicer ones I've stayed at in Europe. Friendly staff, clean, great location and a beautiful rooftop terrace where you can look over the beautiful city of Girona while drinking a cold cervesa.

Hostel Baccarat

Nice, France

The highlight of this place would have to be the FREE champagne parties they would throw every other day or so. Also the rooms had AC thank god. My room was filled with rowdy drunk guys coming back at all hours of the night and morning... Not really the hostel's fault but I think the place tends to attract that kind of crowd.

Main Station Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Quite a nice hostel with a large indoor and outdoor space to chill, it's clean and I met some nice people. My biggest problem was the location, it's very close a U-bahn and S-bahn station but I felt like I spent hours everyday just trying to get around. Berlin is huge and I would have booked a more central location but everything else was totally booked. Look for a place in funky Kreuzberg if you can! Oh yeah and no AC but this seems standard in Europe.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

One of my favourite hostels so far in Europe. Beautiful modern design, good breakfast, nice bar with super cheap beer and a diverse group of travellers (not just your standard drunk frat boys). Not centrally located but very easy to get around by tram and subway.

Deco Hostel

Krakow, Poland

About a 10 minute walk from the old city centre and also on a quieter street so location is good. By far the best value for money I've experienced yet in Europe. First load of laundry is FREE and the free breakfast is pretty good as far as hostels go. Only quirk is that there's just one key per room, so the last person to leave just leaves the key at reception. There are lockers in the rooms to store valuables so I wasn't worried.

I stayed at the Wombats in Budapest which was excellent. Unfortunately The Base in Vienna didn't live up to the amazing quality of their Budapest location. The good: cozy open air atrium and lively bar. The bad: slightly removed location although close to the train station, no AC or working fans in the rooms which got VERY hot, fairly noisy at night due to noise coming from the atrium area. Oh and the wifi wasn't great but this seems to be a common theme in Europe.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

One of the nicest and cleanest hostels I've ever stayed at. Great facilities, clean bathroom, power point at each bed, free walking tours and a great lobby and bar. It's in a perfect location close to the big sights and famous ruin bars. Yes it's huge and part of a larger chain but I did end up meeting some great people there. The only negative would be the huge contiki groups rolling through with obnoxious drunk 18 year olds.

Heart of Tuscany Hostel

Chianti, Italy

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. You won't believe how beautiful the location is until you see it. Relax by the pool, bike to the nearby village of Vinci and drink copious amounts of the delicious Tuscan wine. Be warned you are not super close to Florence and Siena but day trips are very doable. Honestly though you won't want to leave anyway. If you're looking for a relaxing retreat in the most beautiful part of Italy you've found your place. Thanks Alice and Guido! - Scott

Dear Scott , many thanks for your friendly words , we are waiting for you again . Ciao Guido

Great hostel overall, fairly easy to walk to main sights such as the coliseum. My only complaint, there seemed to be regular mix-ups regarding which beds were available in each room. Most hostels seem to have a system in place to avoid this and would be easy to implement here. Facilities are good but there is no kitchen.

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's a very nice hostel with a very busy bar on the main floor. One of the nicest rooms and bathrooms I've ever seen in a hostel! Quite pricey on the weekends but that's Amsterdam for you.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Great place in a very central location. The lobby area is busy and noisy with lots of people drinking and socializing but there's also a quiet reading area in thd basement. Go on the free walking tour, great way to meet people and see the city. Negatives: the fairly cramped 14 bed dorm and the sound from the train that would literally shake and rattle the old building every 20 minutes through the night.

Safestay York

York, England

Beautiful hostel located in a restored old mansion, lots of character. One of the nicer hostels I've stayed at. Location is good although close to a couple night clubs which I imagine could get noisy on weekends. During the week the disturbance was mininimal.