Reviews: wanderingmisfits

Location: USA, Age: 27

Hoffmanns Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great peaceful place to stay outside the noise and bustle of the city; low key & wonderful! Wonderful, friendly owner too! Would be a great place to stay with kids -- walled in yard, plenty of space to run around, a ping-pong table...!

Miss Sophie's

Prague, Czech Republic

BEST. BREAKFAST. EVER. It was a bit expensive, but entirely worth it! Nice, clean, quiet place to stay.

The Garden House B

Munich, Germany

The owner yelled at every guest encountered, myself included. He even threw out a group as we arrived. If you don't encounter him, you'll probably have a quiet stay. Just watch out.... Also, you need to CALL when you arrive, otherwise you may not find anyone available to check you in. If you want reception, you need to go around the back of the building, up the stairs, and ring the doorbell labelled with the name of the apartment complex. They may or may not answer it though.

Hostel Marmota

Innsbruck, Austria

Highly recommended! Really great and friendly staff, relatively quiet location on the edge of the city, and (although we missed it) they have BBQs in the summer for everyone! AND, so you don't lose your key, they have them tied to cute stuffed rats! Stay here :)

Kolpinghaus Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

Very basic accommodations, though clean and well-kept.

Gallery Hostel Porto

Porto, Portugal

Best hostel we've stayed at in the world! EAT DINNER HERE! Really a lovely place, THE HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION!!! I got very sick while there, and everyone took care of me. The cleaning crew stopped cleaning to make & bring me tea, someone made me toast, and the owner even stopped by to check on me! Best staff I've ever met. And dinner -- for 10 euro, you get a fantastic, freshly cooked dinner with different themes every night! Dinner includes appetizer, main course, dessert, and wine.