The Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center

Utrecht, Netherlands

I recommend avoiding this place. There were other guests who broke three clearly posted rules of not drinking, not causing noise after 10:00pm and not disturbing other guests and the management saw it happen and did nothing about it. Beyond that, when we wrote a complaint, it was not dealt with and our request for a refund was ignored. The place is dirty, disorganized and the pillows are horrid leather IKEA pillows. The workers were lazy and foul. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.

Stone Hotel & Hostel

Utrecht, Netherlands

Great shower and staff was very kind and helpful, going above and beyond. Sometimes the door to my room wouldn't lock but there were substantial lockers in the room. Free tip: This place is just down the street from the utrecht b

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Absolutely love! Can't say enough about what a lovely, restful place this is! It was a haven, with great food, clean facilities, well-organized, kind and helpful staff. No smoking or drinking also helped the atmosphere in air quality and company. As a Christian, I was blessed by the bible discussion and fellowship that's optional in the evenings. Highly recommended!!!!

Main Station Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great place, close by a train station and a LiDL, at least a half hour walk to anyplace in the Mitte (city). Clean place, lockers in rooms, equipped kitchen, plenty of space and good wifi. This place has it all!

My biggest issue was the fact that they advertised a kitchen that is being remodeled and is unavailable. Right now it's very hard to self-cater at this hostel. Otherwise security was good and staff helpful, sheets clean and atmosphere nice. Washing machines are tricky! Ask a staff member who knows to come down with you.

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

Great place. Everything clean, staff terrific and accommodating. Free breakfast. Great location. Stay here when you come to Oxford!

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Great place, a terrific place to get some exercise if your room is on the ninth floor and the lift is broken. :) (it wasn't broken the whole time and I don't think it'll be a continuing problem.)

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Loved this hostel! One of the staff members was doing a poor job attending to her work and was rude to me, but all the other employees were terrific and helpful. The free breakfast was available for us BEFORE we left on the 5am bus to the airport which was awesome. The bus ride was free and so was a tour to Kilkenney because we booked two nights. This hostel knows how it rock it!

Mount Eccles Court

Dublin, Ireland

Everything was nice. Nothing exceptional but a great place to crash

Abraham House

Dublin, Ireland

No oven in the kitchen but a lovely free breakfast. My mattress smelled moldy but everything else was kept up pretty well.

Globetrotters/The Townhouse

Dublin, Ireland

We are traveling inexpensively, cooking for ourselves and this hostel did not have convenient hours for the kitchen. This hostel is joined with a bed and breakfast and the hostel seemed added as an additional money-maker, rather than something specifically for backpackers. The kitchen hours were from 2:00pm to 9:30pm and that overlaps about one meal with no midnight snacks! (My traveling companion made me add that, but seriously snacks are important!) Other than that, this place was lovely.

Aaran hostel was lots of fun. It was cold in the rooms (and freezing in the kitchen) and the showers took AWHILE to heat up, but overall, everything was clean and felt safe.

Doolin Hostel

Doolin, Ireland

Anthony, the manager/owner, was a very helpful energetic host. He is invested in his job and is very good at it. He gave good advice and interesting information about the area. He did his best to make us comfortable and succeeded. The only thing we would say was the showers were cool, push-button and wouldn't warm-up. Excellent value for money. Overall, terrific hostel!

Thank you for your review and your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay with us it was a pleasure to chat and have you stay with us. Sorry to hear the showers where cool, I will look at the settings of the mixer and rectify the issue. Take care and enjoy the rest of your holiday Anthony

Nimmos Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Nimmos was dirty and noisy, but we heard from the staff that it had changed ownership and the new owner is redoing everything. The kitchen was huge and beautiful but our room didn't lock and the noise level was high. However, with a pair of earplugs and an eyemask, we got a decent nights sleep and were pretty satisfied with the value for what we paid.

• 19th Mar 2013