Reviews: mindyvr

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

The location simply cannot be beat. It's just off of Hollywood Blvd. I also loved the privacy pods with the little light, shelf, and outlets. The upstairs hangout room was underutilized; not sure why. The free breakfast was great! Make sure you sign up early for the shuttle to Venice Beach, I had to take a different shuttle which wasn't free but still a pretty good deal. I saw the people who worked at the hostel constantly cleaning the place which was nice. I'd stay here again!

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

I loved my stay at the Backpack! The beds were comfortable in the dorm and I slept soundly. The staff, especially Paul and Lisa were fantastic. They made me feel at home and they were always happy to chat with me and give me advice. Only a couple of suggestions: some of the lockers in the dorm were broken and didnt close properly. And with such a big hostel a lot of the bathrooms were always occupied! I was only able to find three but there must be more somewhere else? Thanks guys, I'll be back!

The Hippo Backpackers

Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Great location right by all the Stanley st restaurants, however this hostel is in need of an update. It looks worn out and tired and like its best days are behind it. There's not really any atmosphere to speak of, but a fine place to sleep.

Tekweni Backpackers Hostel

Durban, South Africa

A bit grimy and dirty (saw cockroaches on the stairs and under the bed in the big dorm, but only on my first night). However, tekweni has a great vibe overall and the staff was helpful. Great location. Internet was a little spotty but at least it was free!

Thanks for the great review. We do have a pest control company service us monthly but we will check out those spots. Glad you enjoyed the Tek's thing!

Mbizi Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

Very chill hostel. Not pretentious and feels like home. It is quite small but I didn't mind that. My flight arrived early and Patrick sent someone to come get me right away. He also arranged for an excellent tour of Soweto and the apartheid museum with Jabu. Highly recommended! Grocery store is a 15 minute walk. Beds were comfy and wifi available. What else do you need? Thanks for the good times, Pat!

Cocomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I absolutely loved staying at Cocomama! From the minute I got there the ladies who worked at the hostel made me feel welcome. The vibe was super chill and even though I was traveling alone I was able to meet all kinds of fun people to hang out with. The hostel was impeccably clean and the beds were INSANELY comfortable. Add an adorable hostel cat to the mix, and I'm worried that Cocomama has spoiled me for all future hostel visits! Will definitely be staying here again the next time I'm in town!