Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

The property is extremely run down, there has been no up keep at all. It really makes you feel like they are just milking you for your money. There was also bed bugs in my neighbours room and all over the lobby floor. I thought my room was clear of them until I found one on my bag later. The bathroom smelled of mold, no soap. The staff are very pushy and annoying. They also offered me a free ride to the travertines and sent someone who had never driven a scooter to drive me. He crashed...

• 8th Aug 2013

Bodrum Backpackers

Bodrum, Turkey

When I arrived I was told nothing about the town of Bodrum, only about the party boat tour the manager ran. My bed was not changed and the room was dirty. I came back to tell the manager I was cancelling my booking and I had to wake him because he had fallen asleep on the couch with his shirt off. He never got up to speak with me properly and mumbled everything, was very rude. I hadn't stayed there one night and they didn't give me any refund, I had to hassle him for my key deposit. Terrible.

• 4th Aug 2013

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

I've been traveling for over four months now, only staying in hostels, and I've yet to stay in such a funky place. The activities were the best part for me, they seem to draw in a good crowd and it is very easy to meet the staff as well as other travellers whether you are alone or with other friends, on top of getting a feel for the Portuguese culture. The only bad thing I have to say is that Travellers House will spoil you, making other hostels seem like dumps. Lots of love for Travellers House

• 15th Jul 2013