Family Stanos

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Our experience at the Stanos family residence was incredible! Baldo and his wife were extremely helpful and welcoming. We happened to be there during the weekend of several family birthdays and so Baldo had a BBQ in his backyard and even though it was raining, he cooked the most delicious meal I had during our entire stay in Dubrovnik! The location was incredible! The pictures don't do this extraordinary find justice! I would recommend this family and their hospitality to anyone and everyone!

Palmers Lodge Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Only stayed for one night, but I can say I will never stay again. The bathroom in the downstairs room had no window and no ventilation and smelled musty constantly. There were also signs in the bathroom that referred to using the toilet brush? So someone who is paying to stay there is supposed to clean a shared toilet? The rules posted on the door made me feel like this hostel would be better suited for high schoolers and children and the fact that they allow check in until 1am? Go Elsewhere!!!!

Dear Chelsea, you are right, ventilator went dead and we had to wait for repairman next day since he was not available at the same moment. Sorry if that caused you such a problem. Since you have booked en-suite room, due to our safety regulations, we dont have access at any moment to bathroom. That is why point of sign is to clean after your self, not others:) Also, check-in in hostels is till 1 a.m. so you dont disturb other dorm mates. All regulations are made in consideration to fellow trav

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Considering the location and cleanliness and the fact that I'm not big on partying or party hostels, this is my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at! It is so clean and quiet and located near some of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at plus it is one block from the largest transportation hub for getting anywhere in the city! I would never stay anywhere else in Budapest again!!

Prague Square Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Second stay at Prague square and the only complaint is No Air Conditioning!!! In the heat of summer with the humidity, I seriously wouldn't recommend. It's gross and uncomfortable! Other than that, I recommend for central location/great staff/cleanliness!!

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

Only stayed one night, but the facilities were great. Was a little irritated when they let someone check in at 11pm and come up into the room where I was sleeping. They preceded to unwrap a suitcase that was shrink wrapped. It was loud and obnoxious and that isn't the staffs fault but I would have appreciated a check in time that ended at 10pm. Other than that the place was beautiful and the aperitivo was excellent!

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Only two staffers really spoke English well which made communicating occasionally difficult but this is definitely a party hostel. Didn't sleep the first three nights because of the loud noise and roommates coming in at all hours in loud groups. That being said, I have yet to find a hostel in Barcelona that ISN'T a party hostel. Great location!

Saint James Backpackers

The showers were a bit clogged. The water filled in the basin really quick and I was worried about overflowing so I had to turn off the shower every couple minutes. Other than that the beds were excellent and the staff was more than generous! One lovely lady allowed me to checkin early after my 10 hour flight from San Francisco direct to London (ugh) and I was able to catch a quick nap and feel like a brand new person by 11am so that I could enjoy the extra time in London!! Lovely location!!