Great location though a bit difficult to find at first but locals all seem to know where it is. Great views from the roof. Very possibly the nicest rooms I've stayed in in a hostel, good quality bed with good sized lockers. Really friendly staff. Water was off during the day the whole time I was there but otherwise facilities are good.

Hi! Thank you for the nice review! Good to know you loved the rooms, view and staff! Regarding the location, we're in a pretty prominent location in the city, and we're on Google Maps too. Always happy to help with any queries you have in relation to reaching our Zostel. About the water, we apologize but it was an intermittent issue, and as we speak we have the issue sorted out. Hope you'll drop by our Zostel again soon! Cheers! Zostel

Zostel Jodhpur

Jodhpur, India

Good beds, AC in dorms works well, good sized lockers and rooms. Staff are friendly. Bothrooms are clean. Wifi speed is reasonable. Not a central location and not much of interest near by but easy to get a bus or rickshaw to the city centre. Has a little kitchen but it has a mouse problem.

Backpackers@SG

Singapore, Singapore

I was put in Travellers@SG. Microwave, toaster, hot water, no cooker. Breakfast + oats all day= two free meals. No washing machine so they do laundry which can be inconvenient. Clean enough but not well cleaned- my bed sheets were stained, shaving foam left on the bathroom wall the whole time I was there. Free wifi but can be temperamental. Comfortable bed, nowhere room for luggage= messy. Aircon is a redeeming feature. Not central but not bad location, near MRT easy to reach from airport.

Gonow Family Backpacker

Brisbane, Australia

Good location for west end and south bank which are the places I like best, bit if a walk to the city. Clean enough but never a clean fork or chop sticks. Not the best hang out area butt friendly atmosphere and staff. No drinking after 10 so can always get to sleep. Dorms don't lock automatically so often left open. Gate was broken so pretty unsecure but lockers out of rooms for valuables made it ok.

Noosa Backpackers Resort

Noosa, Australia

Location isn't too good but shuttle bus makes it not much of an issue. Kitchen stays reasonably clean and everywhere else is cleaned to decent standard. Room didn't have a full wall so room felt pretty loud. Bar attracts more locals rather than the hostel guests so there's drinking in rooms so even if there's a group talking in the next room it's too noisy to sleep. Friendly atmosphere.

Mango Tourist Hostel

Hervey Bay, Australia

Nicest hostel I've stayed in, more a home than a hostel. Perfect atmosphere, quiet and chilled. Owner is friendly and knowledgeable. Bus from where the greyhound stops is just a few mins walk to the hostel. Shops, beach etc all within short walk. Completely clean. Security is non-existent- it isn't negligence, they don't seem to think it's needed. I was apprehensive at first but it was fine. Given the previous review I was disappointed in the number of geckos, I only saw one.

Backpackers by the Bay

Airlie Beach, Australia

Little but further out of town than most other hostels but it's a few mins walk. Closest to the bus station. Little lockers and doors left unlocked but doesn't feel unsafe. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bit quiet when I was staying but still good atmosphere. Clean enough but not spotless. Looks dated but everything works. Outdoors area is nice to chill in. Not the best beds but decent.

Cairns Central YHA

Cairns, Australia

Good quality beds. Good sized lockers. Rooms are good sized but a lifeless feel to them. Outdoors space is great to hang out. More a cheap resort than a backpackers atmosphere, complete with screeching children and snoring old men, but evening social stuff helps a bit. Kitchen was overcrowded. Bathrooms and kitchens clean when just done but not checked regularly so get gross. Showers warm but need updated. Wifi is overpriced given there's free city wifi nearby. Charge for luggage storage.

Entirely pleasant but nothing special. Good location but bit of a pain to get to from airport. Foam mattress and little lockers. We'll cleaned. Friendly staff. Not the best social area.

Backpack Oz

Adelaide, Australia

Gets the important things right. Beds have real mattresses. Bathrooms and kitchen well cleaned. Showers are hot. Kitchen never seems to get too busy. Free wifi works well. Has bar but by 11/12 the noise had died down and it's not the sort of place where they always seem to be pushing you to spend money on drink (AKA party hostel). Location is good, would be slightly better 5mins down the road but an extra 5 min walk isn't a big deal. 12 bed dorm does smell- needs some better air flow.

Back of Chapel

Melbourne, Australia

Canberra City YHA

Canberra, Australia

Rooms are secure, building isn't. Clean as you'd expect at YHA. Pool is a nice bonus if you want one. Beds and rooms are average. Lockers don't fit a full backpack. Weird amount of older (Aussie) people who seem to be staying for a while and TV focus social areas ruins the atmosphere.

Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel

Blue Mountains, Australia

Atmosphere-wise it's the best hostel I've stayed at. Kitchen is clean, plenty surface space and cookers (with ovens!) though never enough forks. Lounge area is pleasant and chilled. Free wifi as tends to be the case is too slow to be worth trying to- Id rather pay afew $ for working wifi. Bathrooms are very clean and enough showers, need to check there's toilet paper more often though. Rooms are clean, great lockers, mattresses are way too soft.

Kings Cross Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

With one or two exceptions the staff are varying degrees of rude and incompetent. The eating/social area is quite nice, the TV room is very nice but the rooms have seen better days. The showers offer nowhere private to get changed (apart from one upstairs which has no lock on the door). Atmosphere is dominated by people who seem to do nothing but drink, sleep, and work - it's not my sort of party, it was rather lad-ish and rowdy.

Bounce Sydney

Sydney, Australia

More of a holiday feel than a backpackers- that may be a positive or negative depending on your disposition. Very clean. Nice balcony area. Location isn't great for thing immediately round about but very close to central station so can get everywhere easily. Staff are pleasant but some seemed not to know much about the area/Sydney.

Backpackers In Paradise

Surfers Paradise, Australia

It seems the sort of place that was nice once but is now past its best. For example, the (foam) mattresses were torn badly. Its cleaned but quite superficially, the dirt is built up in the corners. There are lockers but they aren't big enough to put a backpack in and my room didn't had 8 lockers and 10 beds. The doors are a manual lock ( not swipe card) but the doors don't shut themselves so people were regularly leaving our room door open.

Hi nic, were very sorry to hear you didn't seem to enjoy your stay with us, since reading your review we have added additional cleaners to our daily rounds to detail clean & really make sure all dorms are cleaned thoroughly . If you could have asked reception we could have stored luggage safely for you. Also we have doubled efforts on security by asking staff to be extra visual for open doors. Thankyou for leaving a review . We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels :). The B.I.P team.

Bunk Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

It wasn't right for me. I know they say they are a party hostel and I enjoy a good night out, just not every night. Yet the bar was often dead apart from Sunday when it was a total wreck due starting early. The location is good, the value for money is really good. They are obviously trying to keep the kitchen clean though not entirely managing it.