Bamber House, Auckland, New Zealand
30th Apr 2013

I was only there overnight but I found the hostel to be tidy, near to shops/airport shuttle/cafes, and encouraging of a social atmosphere. There was a lovely patio where people were chatting and playing music into the evening, a large common area where people could eat/use internet, TV room and quiet area. My roomates were a bit sloppy so can't comment on the room's cleanliness but the kictchen/bathroom/commons were lived-in yet tidy. Quite a nice spot for a stop-over.

Taupo Urban Retreat, Taupo, New Zealand
27th Apr 2013

Like being back in college again - bar w/pool tables, common dining tables, clean-enough w/lively residents. Both nights people were around drinking and cooking together, not too loud but fun. Staff helped me with advice and making reservations. Lockers in rooms, hostel doors lock at night. Bikes available for hire, activities offered by hostel each night. Only complaint would be the sweaty smell, and fyi the residents were generally about 19-22; young crowd. Block from town, short walk to lake.

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Backpackers Central Hamilton, Hamilton, New Zealand
7.1
25th Apr 2013

To be fair, I stayed here on Anzac Day, so the town was dead. But what bothered me was that the Staff could not recomend ANYthing. I asked after nearby activities, bars, shops, quick breakfast and all i got back was "we're still new here, I'm not sure". The Wifi wasn't working and they didn't know how to fix that either, so no Wifi that night. But the facilities were clean, still rather new, 10 min walk to the bars/shops (once you find em) and despite their helplessness the staff were pleasant.