Brados Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

There aren't enough horrible words to describe how discussing this hostel is. This is by far the worst place I have ever seen! Yes it is very cheap but it is also very dirty. I booked two nights before arriving but didn't stay due to the fifth. My room was covered with other people's stuff, I had nowhere to put my bag. The bathroom has never been cleaned and I was worried about getting a disease from touching anything. The only positive is the free wifi which I used to book something else.

Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel

Townsville, Australia

The only negative I could say is the sink in my room drained very poorly, other than that everything was wonderful. This hostel is incredibly clean, the mattresses are comfortable, the kitchen is well stocked & easy to use, the staff is friendly and helpful and best of all FREE WIFI! Not only is the wifi free but it also works really well! I used the kitchen regularly and the staff kept it clean and tidy. The location isn't the best but Townsville is small so anywhere is really fine. Stay here!

Thank you for your lovely review and for your high rating. We greatly appreciate your support! We will address the sink issue right away. Thanks for mentioning it.

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

A bit of a walk from town but right across the street from the main shopping center. The kitchens are great but seriously need more soap and some upgraded sponges. I really liked having a mini-fridge in my room! The staff is all very friendly too!

Glenade Guest House

Bath, England

This is a wonderful B&B in Bath. It's a fine location, good breakfast, comfortable rooms, and very nice and helpful hosts. I would stay again!

• 7th Oct 2013

Cocomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is a great hostel and one of my favorites! The staff is great, the kitchen is well stocked, the beds are very comfortable, the wifi works well, and there's always someone to meet in the common area. The location isn't amazing but there is a tram stop right outside which makes getting around very easy. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

This hostel is very clean, loved the shower situation, it's in the best possible location, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Stay here in Gent!

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

This hostel is being renovated and once that is done I think it'll be very nice. In the meantime it's not that great. There aren't enough showers, drapes on the windows and soap at the sinks would be good, and the toilets are a bit smelly but I think all that will be fixed with the renovations. The rooms are finished and very nice and the beds are comfortable. It also has very good wifi.

Thank you for your review. Curtains have been installed in most rooms now. Renovations have finished in all rooms. Safe travels!

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Good location, right next to an underground station and it's very easy to get everywhere from there. The bed was not comfortable and the bathrooms could have been cleaner but the breakfast was good and the wifi was excellent. This is a fine hostel, not fantastic but fine.

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This hostel is VERY clean and has the most comfortable bed (and no bunk beds!) I've slept in in a hostel. It's in an okay area but a 30 minute walk from the main attractions. It doesn't seem to have great atmosphere. There is a bar but very few people ever congregated there. I was there during the week so that may have been why. If cleanliness and comfort is your thing stay here, if partying and meeting a lot of people is stay somewhere else.

Edi's Sea View Rooms (Old Town)

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Cannot beat the location. I would stay here again based on location alone. Edi is very nice and helpful. We had a mixup with our room and he worked everything out and was very accommodating. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable, and clean.

Pella-Inn

Athens, Greece

We only stayed one night and this hostel served its purpose. The bathrooms could be a bit cleaner but the room was fine and it had air conditioning. The noise from outside was very loud all through the night because this is right near a very busy square but being near that square which is right on a metro stop makes getting around Athens much easier. We arrived very early and the staff let us into the room which was great.

• 27th Jul 2013

Youth Hostel Oia

Santorini, Greece

If you are looking to stay in Oia (which I would suggest) this is the place to stay. The rooms are very spacious and don't feel cramped w/ 11 people in the room, the staff is friendly and helpful, and there's a great atmosphere. This is a wonderful choice if you're a solo traveler & it's easy to get to from Fira. Only downside, the doors are always open so if you're very concerned about security don't stay here but I never felt like it was a problem.

• 19th Jul 2013

Manos Studios Hotel

Heraklion, Greece

This place is in a lovely town outside of Heraklion and a great option if you like to get away from the big city. Getting in and out of the city is super simple and cheap on the bus. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are comfortable, clean, a great price, and good location. Plenty of shopping, restaurants, bars, and beaches within walking distance. I would absolutely stay here again. Only negative, not a great place if you're a solo traveler hoping to meet others.

• 15th Jul 2013

The Pink Palace

Corfu, Greece

This place was wild so if you're not prepared for that this isn't the place to stay. It offers great excursions, awesome food, and nuts partying. This place is definitely for you if you love to drink and have a good time. The rooms are fine, the free breakfast and dinner are awesome, the activities are great, and the other people staying are tons of fun. I loved my stay but this certainly is a different kind of hostel so read several reviews before making your decision!

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

No complaints, it's a fine place with a good atmosphere, friendly staff, and comfortable beds. It's in a decent location and easy to get to.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Location is not the greatest and since the bus system in Rome is not the easiest if you want to be near the tourist areas don't stay here. The facilities and staff are nice, the breakfast is pretty good, and the beds are comfortable. There is also a kitchen with oil and salt provided. If this place was in a better location I would definitely stay here again.

• 7th Jul 2013

Soggiorno Michelangelo

Florence, Italy

This place is just OK. The location is a bit of a walk to the Duomo and train station, about 20-25 minutes, but it's not bad if you don't mind walking. Oscar is very friendly and the rooms are fine. It costs 5 euro extra for breakfast and 5 euros a day for air conditioning.

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

I'm sorry for your comment 1 distance from the center 800 meters that I am old I go in 10 minutes wrote that breakfast is not included for cleaning if you were dating from the room as I could not clean? I think his opinion is not coretto Oscar

Affittacamere Stella Cinque Terre

Cinque Terre, Italy

Very disappointed. There are two different hostels run out of the same office. One is more expensive w/ a few extra amenities & the other is cheaper with less. We paid the more expensive price not knowing there were two options but didn't get the amenities. Room didn't have a window, very dark, dank & we could hear EVERYTHING in room next door. It would have a nice view if they would trim the foliage but since they don't there is no view. Beware, 15 min walk uphill. Would never stay here again.

• 1st Jul 2013

B&B In the Sun

Verona, Italy

If you want to be in the city center this is not the place to be but if you want friendly hosts, awesome food, and breathtaking views this is definitely the place for you! This B&B is up in the hills and is very convenient with a car but if you don't have one Michele & Erika will pick you up from the airport/train station and take you into the city and pick you up. They have a wonderful place that's great for relaxing and Michele is a great cook. Try the horse!

• 29th Jun 2013

Ca' Venezia

Venice, Italy

This is a great place to stay in Venice! The rooms have kitchens stocked with the essentials, the location is great, Ahmran was wonderful, very helpful, and full of suggestions. I would definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jun 2013

thank you very much.

Trinity College Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Location cannot be beat! The rooms are college dorm rooms but they're comfortable and clean. There isn't much atmosphere if you're looking for a traditional hostel but it's on a college campus and right downtown. There isn't any WiFi in the rooms, that's my only negative. I would stay here again.

This is a great hostel if you're coming with a group but not as a solo traveler. It has a nice bar but since its open to the public it's hard to meet other travelers. The common room is in the basement and is nothing special. The bed was very comfortable but there aren't enough toilets, the showers smell like urine, and hey don't clean the bathrooms often so the toilet pepper runs out. They had activities posted but all the sheets were old so I didn't know what was going on while I was there.

Hi Thanks for your feedback, which is important to us so we can continue to improve the service we offer our guests. Im not sure that you found all of our toilets as we have 10 of them in the hostel which equates to one for every eight guests. They are cleaned every morning by our housekeepers and then monitored throughout the day so there should not be any issues with toilet paper. Our activities are posted on the front of each dorm door to provide guests with information on our events

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This is a great hostel to stay at in Sevilla! It has a wonderful bar and is a great place to meet people! It also has awesome activities, pub crawl, several different walking tours that are great, and day trips. My only complaint is not enough bathrooms and showers, it's a bit difficult in the morning when everyone is trying to use them. Other then that it's a wonderful hostel!

Hostal La Fuente

Cordoba, Spain

Nice place, good location, clean and comfortable. The staff doesn't speak English and this is not the place to meet other people but good if you want a little time to yourself.

Center Ramblas

Barcelona, Spain

This is an OK hostel, it's a bed and if that's all you're looking for stay here. You couldn't use your own locks on the lockers which was annoying. There is no kitchen, no atmosphere, and the entire hostel feels cramped. Not the place to stay if you're a solo traveler or like meeting new people. Breakfast is ok.

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

FANTASTIC Kitchen, great staff, free bike tour, great place to meet people, nice patio, clean bathrooms. We LOVED purple nest and will definitely stay here again. Only complaint, we got bug bites we believe from the bed.

Oasis Hostel Toledo

Toledo, Spain

Great location, liked the roof terrace, fine facilities, but no atmosphere.

Great customer service, awesome staff, very clean but no atmosphere and no way to really meet others.