Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 26

U Hostels, Madrid, Spain
4th Aug 2013

Great, trendy hostel. I loved that there was a swing in the hallway! The top bunks of the bed are verrrry high and I injured myself every time getting down. This should be more explicit for bookings. Breakfast was very sad. I feel they could at least offer coffee for free. The hostel was a little far away from everything and had to change at least 2 times on the metro to get anywhere. Front staff were average for customer service but didn't really go above and beyond to help you.

2nd Aug 2013

This hostel was the one that felt most like home during my trip. The staff truly care about you and if you are having a good time. The communal dinners were an amazing way to get to know people. Don't miss them! The hostel could work on making sure guests keep their doors locked, as with a key system many doors were left insecure both during the day and at night. The staff were always willing to help you find where you were going that day and move your bags.

1st Aug 2013

Best hostel I stayed in Europe! The staff were amazing and it felt like my second home while I was in Barcelona.

29th Jul 2013

If you want to stay somewhere that they care about your experience then stay here! Communal dinners at night were the highlight and very unique, not to be missed!

Hostella, Rome, Italy
6.9
27th Jul 2013

The staff at the desk were not very friendly. One insisted that I have exact change to pay and I had to really be firm when I said I didn't have any and she needed to give me change. Upon leaving there was also some very unprofessional conduct when the door closed behind the girl as she tried to help me down the stairs. The room was decent, the bathroom a good size and kitchen facilities helpful. Wifi strength was good. Note that it is a walk up so you will have to carry your bag up one flight!

15th Jul 2013

The best parts of this hostel was the location near the market, walking distance to most things, and laundry facilities. The hostel needs air conditioning! It was so hot at night. I also saw the cleaning staff come in one day and they don't even wash and replace the duvets every time someone leaves! They give you a sleep sheet I guess and expect you to stay under it. Not great standards for cleanliness in my opinion. At times the front staff were rude, but not if you were super friendly to them.

8.0
7th Jul 2013

This hostel was only open for 4 days when I checked in, so there were a few things they were trying to work out. This is what was positive: great free breakfast, very nice private beds, clean rooms, good security, location near train station, bar to meet people in. What wasn't so good: screwed up female only room and made me switch rooms half way through, one rude staff member, not so safe neighbourhood with nothing to do really close by.

YHA London St Pancras, London, England
8.0
5th Jul 2013

Basic hostel, good value for money with location near st. Pancras. Everything was pretty good here with my stay. Only down sides were that half the lockers were broken in the rooms. Other than that, good bed to stay in, decent bathroom, breakfast (you have to pay) was good. Nothing really went above and beyond, but you probably won't be disappointed.

Thanks Kristen. The problems with the lockers have been addressed by our maintenance department, and sorry they weren't up to scratch during your stay. We are aiming to go 'above and beyond'... watch this space!