Reviews: neildux

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 52

Humble Footprints

Yangon, Myanmar

Nice clean hostel, but no real backpacker vibe. The staff speak virtually no English, so you're completely on your own with exploring the area. The location is fine, but very difficult to find - make sure you take a screen shot of the address since there is no wifi or cell service anywhere nearby.

Zostel Jaipur Hostel

Jaipur, India

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Not a very large place, but had a good backpacker vibe. Clean, good security, good wifi, and great staff. They go out of their way to make sure your visit to Jaipur goes well. The owner learned that it was my birthday and at the last minute was able to track down a birthday cake and throw a little Bday party for me - turned out to be a great evening and a nice way to end my stay in Jaipur. Would definitely recommend this place.

Hi there! We're so glad that you had a great time with us. Good to know you enjoyed the vibe, the facilities as well as your surprise birthday celebration. And props to you for highlighting the cleanliness and the security at our place. Do recommend us to your friends or better yet bring them along for another Zosteling experience. Cheers, Zostel :)

Wood Castle

New Delhi, India

It needs to be pointed out that this a hotel, not a true backpacker hostel. That being said, it is a very nice, clean place with great helpful staff. Located down a quiet street which is very welcome after spending the day in the chaotic, noisy atmosphere of Delhi.

If you want to stay in Asakusa, then this is the place. Fantastic location, great friendly staff (although not much English), and overall great facility. It needs to be noted that this is not a hostel and has no backpacker vibe, so meeting other travelers is unlikely, otherwise top marks in every category. Also very easy to get to from the airport via the subway.

Thank you for your comment. We feel happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.  Our hotel is one of the nearest to Asakusa station and the big Kaminarimon gate. Also, we have many Japanese traditional places to eat at near the hotel. Therefore, there is no problem looking for places to eat out. We look forward to serving you again!!

Fantastic hostel with a great backpacker vibe. A very clean, secure place with a generally nice staff. Top notch bar downstairs (with food) that makes it a great place to meet fellow travelers. Excellent location. Would highly recommend.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Traveled to Istanbul for the first time with my daughter and wasn't quite sure what to expect with the hostel. The facility is first class - clean rooms, clean bathrooms and showers and in a fantastic location. All that is to be expected (or at least hoped for) in a hostel, but what really makes this place so fantastic is the staff. Tugi (reception), Bahre (walking tour and pub crawl), and Wes (bar upstairs) were truly the reason why our stay at this hostel was so good. I definitely recommend.

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

First time in Croatia and the hostel was perfect. The owner Dora and her bf were incredibly nice and helpful with all our questions - what beach is best (the one on the right), what island to day trip (Brac) and just hanging out and talking. Great location!!! Everything is easily within walking distance. Would absolutely recommend this hostel without any hesitation.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Just stayed at the Flying Pig for my second time in 5 months. Thought it was excellent my first time, and the second time just confirmed it. Pretty chill hostel with a great staff (especially Sophie behind the bar) and in a perfect location.