The Clarence Park

Toronto, Canada

1. Room leaked through window, ruined a book and soaked some clothes. 2. Kept up all night by a French staff member leaving and entering the building to smoke on a non smoking decking. 3. Moved into different room in the morning as we complained about the noise, staff did not acknowledge our complaint simply moved us, to a dirty room. 4. Came back after a day out in toronto to find house keeping had left our door open. 5. Complained to staff and they said I must have left door open. 6. Terrible.

this review is in the process of being removed because it has no factual content to it!

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Receptionist was a little off with us, because she's French and we are English? I don't know, hope not! Lockers were good size, got 2 big backpacks in them, room was fine, nothing special, shower/toilet fine, nothing to report. The location was a little sketchy, Church Street is a little gheto but really not that bad, this is Toronto not London! The atmosphere was non existent but so far my experience in these City hostels don't have any! Overall I'd recommend, but check out The Clarance!!

• 25th Mar 2013

Hey Ryan. Thank you for your feedback. Although we do not have any front desk agents who are French, we will make sure to find out who that was and address the situation. We hope you enjoyed the FREE upgrade from the 10 bed you reserved to the 4 bed with ensuite washroom you got while here! The Saint Lawrence neighborhood is considered one of the best in town, very vibrant with the market down the street, so I am sorry to hear you found it sketchy. We hope you will have a chance to come back and experience it in a different light! Safe travels