Bath YMCA

Bath, England

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in. I booked only for a night, The twin room are so clean, tidy and comfortable that I would say that's a three-star hotel room, not a ho-S-tel room. The shared bathroom are also very clean and should be a model for hostels around UK. For those who like to exercise even in the holidays, there's a gym that offer you a large discount if you are a customer from the hostel. This hostel was a surprise even for my mother, that was with me.

• 24th Aug 2013

Saint James Backpackers

The commom room is very comfortable, with a big TV screen and TV channels. The kitchen is ok, with lots of space in the fridge to do storage your own food. The smoke area is very nice. But the ensuite twin room had some problems: 1) is always heated, even when the heating and the fridge are turned off. 2) the bathroom/toilet is impressively small. Tall guys will have trouble.

• 20th Aug 2013

The pub on ground is not noisy, I really enjoined it. The staff guys were helpfull. The neighboorhood is really calm and lovely, maybe because it's far from centre. I didn't like the fact that there are "three-beds-sets" (i don't know how to call it), so it's more likely to get disturbed at night, as there're two more people sleeping at your latitude-longitude point XD. So, earplugs are highly recommended. Also, bring your food, because the breakfast is just "ok".

Astor Victoria

Really easy to get from Victoria Coach Station. The breakfast is OK and some facilities, such as common room and kitchen, are good. The size of the room of 8 is small, but I don't see a problem in it. What is a problem is the size of the shower cabin and the thickness of the blanket, that make me sweat a lot. They could have a bed sheet.

Curzon House Hotel

It was a good option for a couple like us, because the room was £25 each and we just need to rest. They helped leting us leave the huge luggage in the luggage room, thanks! But the floor does a lot of noise when we walk. Also, the bathrooms are really tiny, the toilet paper bad quality, and the curtain of our room was broken.

• 21st Apr 2013

The hostel is ok; good staff, good rock'n roll decoration style, seemed to be very secure (with all that magnetic card instead of keys) etc. But: -Arriving in the morning? Going on the afternoon? Sorry, you have to pay 1.50 (each time) for keeping your luggage, because check-out is 10am and check-in is 2pm — a 4-hours-gap, and they won't consider that you're actually a customer. - the breakfast could be better, with more options. - in my 12-bed room there were few wall sockets.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback . We welcome all feedback positive and Negative so we can improve the guest stay with us. I'm glad you found the hostel secure we have invested a great a deal to change the keycard system so that it caused less problems and made the hostel more secure. In regards to the power sockets we are looking at putting in more in the near future. The luggage storage is a safe locked room which has access only via a code and staff member. Thank you again and hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Pickwick Hall

Although they have fewer rooms, it's definitely a great option for who is in small groups or in a couple looking for quieter nights. I had no troubles using the shared bathroom upstairs. The common room has VHS player! And the fact that the owner lives there makes me feel secure. The breakfast is OK.

Astor Museum Inn

The staff are very welcoming. The breakfast is the most generous that I've seen so far (juice, milk, cereals, bread, jams, honey, yogurt, even Nuttela!) but try to wake early to catch them all. The hostel let you leave your bag in their luggage (with no charge) during the day where you look for another hostel - if you can't book for another day ' so that really helped me a lot. I'm coming back soon and I don't have doubt that I'll search for them again.