Kunming Glad Inn, Kunming, China
2.3
6th Jul 2015

Arrived to find they hadn't kept my reservation, even though I was earlier than expected. It turns out this was done deliberately and I was upset about it. They offered me a different, but lower quality room initially, but for the same price. I asked for a discount and they refused and used an expletive towards me. I booked a different hostel and asked them to at least provide taxi fare to the new location. They gave me 20 RMB saying it was most surely enough. The ride actually was 45 RMB.

Letu International Hostel, Nanchang, China
16th Jan 2015

The room's are quite nice and clean. I got the sense they don't have too many Western guests though as the staff did struggle to understand me when I did ask them questions. The area around the hostel is next to a major tower and has recently been modernized with expensive restaurants and cafes, but that makes it hard to find some cheaper dining options. Mostly though, it was a perfectly fine place to stay.

Wada Hostel in Guilin, Guilin, China
14th Oct 2013

I spent 4 nights at Wada and it was a great place to stay at. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they all go out of their way to remember your name right from the start. There's a very nice bar/restaurant and other services. I took the hostel's Li River rafting tour one of the days and that was well worth it too imo. On the negative side, it's located a little bit away from the city center and the entrance to the hostel/rooms is a bit open, so it does seem like anyone could walk in.

27th Apr 2013

It's in a great spot, right next to the lake, and there's a very nice restaurant attached with delicious food to start your day or end it.