Location: Philippines,

A&O Prague Metro Strizkov

Prague, Czech Republic

It's not that cheap because they ask you to pay 3 euros extra for sheets. There's always only one person at reception, and the staff seem stressed and overworked. They're not at all polite. The first room we were given was so messy, and all the beds were occupied already. Without apologizing, the receptionist asked us to clean up by ourselves and just choose any two beds. We were only given another room when we threatened to leave. Awful service, plus very poor location. Find another hostel!

A Wild Elephants Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

This is such a great hostel, especially considering that they've only been open 40 days. The staff are really welcoming and laidback. I was surprised when they didn't ask me to pay immediately. The atmosphere is great too. The only problem is that their internet connection is really slow. Apart from that, it's great!

The Museum Guest House 2

Budapest, Hungary

Location and WI-FI are excellent. But otherwise I wouldn't recommend this hostel to others. The toilets and kitchen are filthy, and the staff don't seem to mind letting their guests wait at reception. Everything else is pretty standard, but it's really awful in terms of cleanliness.

A&T Holiday Hostel Wien

Vienna, Austria

Wi-fi wasn't working at all during our stay, and the staff didn't even apologize. They were not at all accommodating, and that really dampened my experience. Rooms were OK, very clean, but apart from that I can't say anything good about this hostel.

Hostel Die Etage

Berlin, Germany

Very nice and clean hostel, with lots of suggestions posted on the walls and a big kitchen with all the necessary equipment. The owner welcomed us personally even though it was late at night and was very accommodating. The hostel is not close to the center of Berlin, but there's a subway station nearby and it's walking distance from the bus station.

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I really enjoyed my stay here! It's very clean and well-maintained. It's not that close to the city center, but otherwise everything is great. It's one of the best hostels I've ever been to!

Oxford Backpackers Hostel

Oxford, England

Regina House

The people at reception were very nice. The toilets were decent, but not at all ideal. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. You can literally feel the springs inside. But it was very cheap, and it came with dinner, so I feel like I can't complain. It wasn't bad for a one-night stay, but I wouldn't want to stay there for longer than that.

YHA Salisbury

Salisbury, England

This hostel exceeded my expectations. I had stayed in another YHA before so I had low standards, but the twin room was really nice and the bathrooms were very clean. I was pleasantly surprised.

• 6th May 2013
  • Philippines

Stay in Chelsea

It was all right, not bad at all, but I expected more from the pictures. The walls were very thin and you could hear people walking around even upstairs. The bathroom was so-so; could definitely be better. Mostly it bothered me that there was no reception.