Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 18

Touran Backpacker Hostel

Hangzhou, China

Staff here were great! All very friendly and willing to help out. They even played cards with us and facilitated the meeting of other travellers. I was upgraded for free to a room with less beds, though the room smelt of damp and was very hot. Food wasn't bad and there were plenty of buses into the city (about 20 minute ride). The location was great to walk to the lake, and was in the middle of a forest - great to not be surrounded by grey all the time!

Chongqing Greenforest Hostel

Chongqing, China

Right next to the Metro station which was really helpful. Staff were pretty friendly and rooms were modern and comfortable. Not a great place to meet other travellers as the place is new so there weren't a lot of people there (perhaps just the season).

In fact, there are many travellers here, while it is too convenient. they are just outside the hostel for fun and food. Sorry it seems you do not have good experience here. Wish you have a nice time in following days. Kind Regards Angelina

Very difficult to find and not in a great area. Staff were friendly enough. Rooms were very basic, but the food was pretty good.

Thanks for your review. We are just under the newly-built orange bridge, and 5 minutes' walk to the Chaotianmen dock. We will improve ourselves and make the guests feel at home. Hope you will come back again the next time, and see the difference of the hostel.Wish you have a nice trip in China. Best Regards Henry

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

I genuinely cannot fault this hostel. The rooms were basic but comfortable, it was nice to have a strong and hot shower for a change!! I also did the Terracotta Warrior tour which was pretty good. The tour guide was funny but eager to keep moving all the time. The best thing about the hostel was definitely the staff, they were all super friendly. Especially Lei Lei, he came and had long conversations with everyone and introduced travellers to each other - he also hosted the beer pong. FREE BEER!

First of all, thank you very much for coming and speaking highly of Han Tang Inn, it is our honor and pride. For the terra cotta you mentioned, we will, as always, adhere to, and will make the appropriate adjustments in time to make you feel more convenient. About the activities, which is one of our specialties, we sincerely hope that youcould have a gret time here and leaving the best memories of the trip Han Tang Inn in Xi'an. Sincerely look forward to seeing you again. Best wishes.

Pretty good hostel! I like the lobby area - you could relax and bring your own food and drink rather than feeling obliged to buy theirs. Our dorm stank, and there was mould on the wall. The staff were friendly and pretty knowledgeable - though didn't give great direction to the airport! Overall a nice atmosphere and great for meeting others casually. :)

This hostel was pretty good. The showers had no pressure and the staff weren't particularly knowledgable about things to do around Harbin. But the atmosphere was great and met a few great people. The lounging area is great too to stay out the cold!

Dragon King Hostel

Beijing, China

Great hostel! The staff are super friendly - they remembered my name from day 1 and were so helpful in sorting out some alternative travel during the Chinese Nee Year after I missed my flight. I even extended my stay with them twice!

This was good for my first few nights in Beijing. It was very clean and there was a communal kitchen and lounging area. However, I was the only non-Chinese guest (it's a very small place) and so only the staff spoke English. I ended up leaving early which the staff were fine about.

Brilliant atmosphere with great facilities offered to enjoy your stay. Other travellers are so friendly and it's easy to meet people (I was travelling alone). There is no AC so hot nights can be very restless and the bar is quite loud - so it's difficult to get to sleep if you're not drunk yourself! Other than that, great experience - really close to other great places for day trips too!

The Fort Boutique Hostel