Location USA, Gender Female, Age 25

Neverland Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
7.1
7th Jul 2013

Quintessential hostel. Very ethnic and liberal. Was not the cleanest, but was a fun, funky, young vibe.

Mirsini Pansion, Santorini, Greece
4th Jul 2013

THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL I VISITED on my Eurotrip. Unbelievably sweet owners, amazingly welcoming, treated us like family. Went out of their way to make sure we were having a great time in Santorini. It seems to be a converted house. They absolutely MADE our stay perfect. I would recommend to EVERYONE. This is what every hostel experience should be like! THANK YOU MIRSINI PANSION!

Hostel Des Artistes, Rome, Italy
6.9
1st Jul 2013

Was more like a hotel. Very clean. Liked the bathroom style. Some staff were great, others were really grumpy. Location was alright, but not the best.

Hostel 7 Santi, Florence, Italy
27th Jun 2013

Very cute, converted convent. Houses a LOT of people, which I was not expecting. It was almost like a huge dormitory. Some of the shower lights didn't work. Old school keys instead of key cards. Staff was extremely helpful. Could get a little loud at times, since walls are thin. A little far from the main attractions, but we really enjoy walking, and the whole city is very walkable.

Antico Capon, Venice, Italy
6.3
26th Jun 2013

A little hard to find - only able to find because I looked at the pictures on the website and recognized the restaurant downstairs. It was kind of janky, office was not very official. No city map given. Met a few people living at the backpackers across the square, and I don't think they had the same nice experience that I had. Their "backpackers" hostel was too far to get internet, and they didn't seem very pleased. Overall I had a pretty pleasant experience. Seemed like a converted apartment.

22nd Jun 2013

Was very fun, modern and young. A little out of the way from the city, but close to the Metro, and the Metro around Paris is amazing. The staff was very helpful, and the facilities were really clean. Good places to eat around the area. I loved the vibe.

Mediterranean Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
6.0
20th Jun 2013

A little janky, internet did not work the whole time I was there, which was really frustrating when trying to make travel plans with another friend staying in another hostel. Not the most conducive to friendly meeting other hostel types, but it was ok. I like that the showers had shampoo/conditioner/body wash.

U Hostels, Madrid, Spain
19th Jun 2013

One of the cutest hostels we stopped at on our Eurotrip. Fun ambiance, decor. Staff was really helpful, one of the nicer hostels we stayed at plus at a good price! Our room was a little smelly, but I think that was a case of a roommate rather than the hostel...