Location Australia, Gender Male, Age 28

4.0
14th Jun 2013

I wish I had booked another hostel to be frank. It had a high atmosphere rating, but I felt like I was in a mortuary the whole time I was here. I have never seen so many exhausted & boring people who just want to rest their eyes on the couch. NOBODY wanted to party. Also, ALL THE FEMALE DORMS WERE BOOKED BY 9 YEAR OLD GIRL GUIDES. Needless to say, I was furious. Any cool people seemed to be located in an apartment down the road who never made it over to our area. The rooms were TINY.

Old City Philly House, Philadelphia, USA
5.7
4th Jun 2013

This hostel is by no means bad, it's clean, in a great location and is a perfect place to stay a few nights in Philadelphia. There are no locks on the room doors and the only thing stopping a stranger walking into your room from the street, is a keycode lock on the front door. The hostel is small so they enforce a 10PM quiet time and no alcohol after this time.

HI Boston, Boston, USA
5.1
31st May 2013

This didn't feel like a real hostel to me, it was full of children and families. It was more like a hotel where i was sharing a room with a quiet elderly couple. It wouldn't be so bad if they had of allowed alcohol at least in one area of the hostel, I felt like I was 15 again. The amenities are great and it was super clean and there is not really anywhere else to stay in Boston though. PS. $3 surcharge per night if you aren't a HI member. PPS. WORST MOST NOISIEST BEDS ON THE PLANET

19th May 2013

Absolutely unreal hostel. First off, im DEFINITELY coming back here. The party atmosphere was amazing, in my time there they organised an event EVERY night and i never returned home before 5 or 6 am after some of the craziest nights of my life (literally.) Everyone in my dorm was super cool and i made heaps of friends for life there, I wish i had left my other hostel and came there earlier because I heard some crazy stories from them too. 10/10, best hostel I've been to.

Hostel Pangea, San Jose, Costa Rica
6.9
8th May 2013

Yeah, what can you say... San Jose. The town itself is very average and only a short stop, as is this hostel. It was fine in terms of a place to stay, but there was no power in the dorms. We did return however to have a second stay in a private room, which there was power in but then we weren't able to get WiFi signal in that room. It was relatively clean, but if you wanted a towel you had to "rent" it for $1.

PodShare, Los Angeles, USA
5th May 2013

Stayed a couple of nights in LA at Podshare. AMAZING, best hostel i have ever seen. Get your own pod with power, TV, Free WiFi etc etc. The small amount of people staying there means you get to know them really well and make some friends to explore the city. Hollywood itself I didnt like, but staying here made it awesome. Helpful staff, cool people, safe area 5/5.