Reviews: erinonearth2139

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 27

Barnacles Temple Bar House, Dublin, Ireland
8.0
2nd Oct 2013

I've stayed at Barnacles before when I was backpacking with friends and had a great time. coming back I was by myself and while temple bar is a great location to be in, the atmosphere at barnacles is just okay. I'd still recommend it though, especially to groups, you can't beat the location just steps from the temple bar. my only complaint is I was the only girl in my dorm and after a drunk dude tried to crawl into my bed it occurred to me that they shouldn't put 1 girl in a room of just men.

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club, Dubrovnik, Croatia
27th Sep 2013

had the best weeklong stay here. the family that runs the hostel is so sweet and helpful and their hired staff is also lovely! I cannot say enough good things! it's so close to the bus stop to old town, near anything you might need, extremely clean but the best part is the amazing hospitality you will get from the moment you are picked up from the bus station. loved DBC if you don't stay here you stayed in the wrong place! best hostel in Dubrovnik! :D

Diocletian's Palace Hostel, Split, Croatia
6.3
16th Sep 2013

you really can't beat the location but the bathrooms are filthy and the doors don't close or lock. I don't think the staff even knows who is staying here half the time. the restaurant downstairs is crazy expensive even with a discount and it makes the common area sweltering hot. wifi goes in and out and pretty much never had hot water. restrooms were out of order half the time I was there. but you have a bed a locker and the location is amazing so oddly enough I'd stay there again.

Angkor Wonder Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
1st Jun 2013

Absolutely loved the Angkor Wonder Hostel! Mr Why Not and his family are such lovely people, we originally booked for one week but ended up staying for two because we loved Siem Reap so much, which had a LOT to do with our room, which became our sanctuary from the Cambodian heat. I would recommend, and have recommended Mr Why Nots to fellow backpackers. It is a really laid back, great hostel run by honest, lovely people who will take care of anything you'd need or want. I miss it already! :)

7.7
29th May 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hostel because while our room didn't have a/c, it was really clean and nice. But the bathrooms were a different story- totally flooded, really dirty, and soaking wet 100% of the time, not to mention, outside. So you have to walk across the property at night to use the bathroom, which can be sketchy. They have a security guard who is nice, and the staff is cool, but I think the owner tried to rip us off charging us more for things than it said on the menus.

Caravella Central, Cairns, Australia
4.9
11th May 2013

The great thing about Corona is it's the cheapest hostel in Cairns, so if you're on a budget it is the obvious choice. But after watching a staff member with really bad body odor wash his clothes in the KITCHEN SINK it left kind of a bad taste in my mouth considering I WAS JUST CUTTING AN APPLE ON THAT COUNTERTOP. WTF. It's in a pretty good location for walking around town, but the bathrooms are pretty dirty and the rooms don't have a/c so get ready to sweat it up, y'all!

Crash Palace, Rotorua, New Zealand
14th Apr 2013

Chris, if you are reading this I love and miss you because you are the greatest hostel manager in all of Australasia! Crash Palace is SUCH an amazing hostel- super clean, really cozy, and run by an incredible staff plus a free hot tub, movie nights, group activities, and Chris will bend over backward to make your stay in Rotorua incredible. We stayed a week and booked almost all our activities through Chris because he has the hookup. Love Crash Palace, A+ would stay again. Would move in. :D

Bamber House, Auckland, New Zealand
10th Apr 2013

I don't know what my problem is for not reviewing Bamber House sooner because it is without a doubt one of the nicest, possibly THE nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It's in a quiet neighborhood- LOVED Mt. Eden, and Tim, the manager, is a really lovely guy. Super helpful, super friendly, and the rooms were clean and nice, with a great kitchen! The only strange thing was that the rest of the staff seemed like a posse, and would stay up really late and be quite loud drinking outside.