Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

It took me some time to find the hostel. The reception is tiny, but the staff is nice. The person showed me around and I got a free towel. The bed was the best hostel bed I have slept in. Very comfortable and the duvet was nice too, with union jack sheets. I could lock the shower and was by myself, with a little bench to put my clothes on. In the morning there was a free breakfast with Marmite/peanut butter/jam/Nutella for the toast and cereals, Milk, tea, coffee. I enjoyed staying there!

• 27th Oct 2013

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Noisiest hostel I've ever stayed in, especially due to the heavy doors that people would just let slam close. The plugs for the hairdryers outside the rooms in the hallway should only be used from a certain time on, maybe from 8am on, cause one morning some girl was drying her haiur at 6:30. All in all, I didn't really sleep, people in the hallway were also very noisy and I could hear every step above me from the other floor. The toilets/showers looked very modern & clean, but were like a sauna

• 29th May 2013

Oh we are so sorry if the hostel was too noisy for you and you were disturbed by other guests . we do ask for quiet between 11 am and 7am but not all guests are as respectful as others There is noting worse that a bad nights sleep so we . Our sister hostel Jacobs Inn has lots of private ensuite rooms and could be a better choice for you if ever you are back in Dublin ? Please let us know and we will ensure you get a quieter room or dorm.

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

The sheets didn't look too clean, but the room was ok in general. Lockers in the room. The upper beds looked dangerous, cause there's nothing in front. I was scared of falling out of the bed. All in all it was ok. The staff was friendly.

• 3rd Apr 2013