Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 54

The owners are fantastic people they make you feel like family. They help organise every thing that you need & we have been backpacking for over a year so we are not useless but it is really nice that they look after their guests so well & so thoughtfully.

• 28th Mar 2014

La Casa de Cecilia

Mindo, Ecuador

It was a little tight being put in the single room of the cabin as it was not really enough room for a double bed and two people plus backpacks. I am not sure but I thought that wifi signal was advertised as strong but not in the cabins you had to sit in the eating area which is fine if it is advertised as such

The Hostel is a family business & they are all wonderful people it feels as though you are part of the family they care & worry about you too which was sweet. The breakfast was great and the water was hot in the shower. They provided plenty of assistance with things to do & see They could not have been more helpful.

Dreamkapture Hostal

Guayaquil, Ecuador

These people make such an effort it is like staying in a hotel!! The best bed I have slept in during the past 8 Months in South America big comfy and extra pillows :) All the little extra touches are so nice the owner even insisted on carrying my heavy backpack up the stairs. Would not stay anywhere else.

Casa Amelia

Huanchaco, Peru

The place is wonderful & the staff are just lovely we could not have asked for more. I would highly recommend the Pizza Night it was fun and certainly the best pizza we have tasted in the past 8 months.

The staff were fantastic

La Dolce Vita Bolivia

Sucre, Bolivia

I can well understand why it is rated so high. We arrived early in the morning and were warmly welcomed, the staff gave us great local advice and were more than happy to give us full access to all amenities on our checkout day even though we were leaving in the evening. The bus booking company mixed up our departure dates and the hostel were very gracious about it. I have no trouble referring fellow travellers to this hostel

• 30th Jul 2013

HI Ouro Preto

Ouro Preto, Brazil

Great views from the Balcony awesome breakfasts. The internet was ok and you will be charged 5 Real to hold your backpack if your bus is at night.

Stand Fast Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I was placed in a room with a known bed bug problem, never being affected before it took me days to realise, it was immediately confirmed by the night staff. It then took days trying to get some assistance to ensure that our backpacks were not affected as I did not want to be taking the problem with me.3 weeks later the bites have stopped itching after having to pay for expensive cream & tablets. I was offered a drink from the bar for my discomfort!!! Linen refund waiting waiting waiting???

Pousada D' Pillel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

The manager was very helpful & happy as to were the staff it was extremely clean & breakfast was awesome the best so far!! The free use of the snorkelling gear was a real bonus & the manager cared about how your day was, which he usually helped plan & gave plenty of useful tips.

• 18th Jun 2013

Olah Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The staff were very friendly & helpful gave us plenty of information about the places to visit including a map of the city & the destinations we should visit. They knew the times to visit and what days each gallery or museum was open for free admission. Excellent safe area easy walking distance with a great big heavy backpack. Metro Line (1) the blue line : Ana Rosa station. Great wifi reception best so far