Pyjama Park Hotel & Hostel

Hamburg, Germany

Okay so the room itself was really nice, as was the lounge areas and terrace bit :) only 5 minute walk or so to the underground stop. But, what we didn't realise is where it was.... Bang in the middle of the red light district! So that wasn't brilliant, but it was our fault for not researching it properly before we booked. Also, we tried to check in but our room wasn't ready for an hour and 10 minutes after check in time, but staff compensated with a drink each on the house. Is nice enough :)

• 21st Aug 2013

A Casa di Giulia

Verona, Italy

Favourite place my boyfriend and I stayed! The hostess, Giulia, was so welcoming and helpful! Our room was absolutely beautiful, it felt too fancy for a couple of backpackers! The kitchen is available to use, and wifi is available. About a fifteen minute walk from the centre, and a taxi ride from the train station, but this is made up to you by the wonderful guesthouse! Was genuinely sad to leave, would advise anyone, backpackers or holiday makers to stay at this b

• 14th Aug 2013

Il Ghiro Guesthouse

Florence, Italy

Such a great guest house! The hosts were very lovely, so friendly and helpful! The room we stayed in was really lovely :) laundry, kitchen and wifi available to use for free! Location is fab, 5 minute was from the cathedral :) would recommend it and stay again!

• 11th Aug 2013

Hotel Bellevue

Cannes, France

Really enjoyed our stay at hotel Bellevue! Stayed 2 nights and it served as a nice base to explore Cannes from. Cost friendly - especially ideal for travellers like myself. Only downsides for me would be 1) although it's only 10 minutes from the station on foot it's up hill ha ha! And 2) the breakfast is €9 pp and is pretty basic. But aside from those very minor things, I'd whole heartedly advise this hotel :)

• 4th Aug 2013

Hotel Axotel Perrache

Lyon, France

For a cheap yet enjoyable little stay in Perrache right near the train station, this hotel is perfect! After an awful experience in Paris, a clean, safe and air conditioned room was heavenly! Really quite basic mind, but did the job and I would recommend it to travellers and those who don't want to spend a lot of time in their hotel room, but still want comfort and cleanliness. C'est Bon!

• 3rd Aug 2013

Grand Hotel Magenta

Paris, France

Arriving via Eurostar at about 9pm meant that we needed somewhere close to Gare du Nord, which is why we went for this hotel. However, the location was dirty and smelly, the room was dusty, hairs on pillows, filthy carpet etc, there was a part of the shower door missing and the tap was extremely loose! considering this was one of the most expensive places my boyfriend and I stayed, it definitely did not have good value for money. But, as a place to crash for 2 nights, it served its function.

• 1st Aug 2013