Location: USA, Age: 22

Hi 5 Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I don't know where to begin with this hostel. Staying at Hi 5 was one of the most fun parts of my entire semester abroad. I fell in love with the staff members there and returned to Budapest a second time pretty much just to hang out with them. There is always something going on, and the staff are really inclusive of everyone in the hostel. They know all the best bars. Budapest is a wonderful city and the staff are really helpful in recommending activities! I wish I could stay forever!

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

The staff knows EVERYTHING about Barcelona, especially Cynthia! There were always people wanting to go out and I never felt alone even though I traveled to Barcelona on my own. The dinners at night are a really special thing. I definitely enjoyed my time, mostly thanks to the great guidance of the staff helping me to plan my days in Barcelona! The only thing I didn't like was being asked to give them 100% on hostelworld. If you deserve a good rating (you do!), I'll give it to you! Don't push. ;)

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

Keep in mind that this hostel isn't right in the city centre, but it's in a super cool neighborhood. I met lots of cool people at this hostel while traveling alone! Breakfast is good, and there were always people to talk to and go out with. Berlin is full of cool and exciting stuff to see, and the staff is good at recommending places to go and helping you with public transportation. I'd definitely stay here again and had a great time. :)

Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is like a hippie paradise. It's close enough to Amsterdam that you can take the shuttle and then the metro into the city centre. The beds are comfy and rooms are cute! The only thing that was rough about our stay was that it was absolutely freezing, and the heater and extra blankets in our room still didn't keep us from being cold. The bathrooms are like camp bathrooms so we had to walk a bit in the cold to use them. The staff was nice enough to drive me to the airport for 35 euros.

Thanks for your review Olivia. We keep singing the Beatles song; Here comes the sun but i guess it's beyond our control. Sorry to hear you had a cold stay but we hope staying at Lucky Lake and Queensday in Amsterdam made your heart feel warm.