Reviews: Djlowry

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Hostal Antares

Granada, Spain

Great location in the heart of Granada. The staff is super friendly and will help you feel really welcome. There is no kitchen (at least not that I was shown) or common areas, so it may be better suited to people who are already traveling with other people. The room was large, AC worked well in the middle of August, and the bathroom was clean. Would stay again.

Casa Duende del Tajo

Ronda, Spain

Wow! What a view. I had obviously seen it in the pictures beforehand, but they didn't do it justice at all. Get some food, cook breakfast yourself, and sit back and relax while soaking in one of the coolest sights in Spain. The best part is watching all the people straining to get a good view of the bridge from the other side of the river/canyon. The location is excellent, steps from the bridge and the main square, and the room was large. Highly recommended to spend a little extra money.

Hostel Meeting Point

Madrid, Spain

A solid hostel in a good location in Madrid. Very close to one of many bar-filled neighborhoods, and of course steps from a park with a great view of the palace, you couldn't ask for more in that regard. A little frustration at being told two different check in times by two different people, but nothing too terrible. There is a kitchen, however the downstairs area was quite uncomfortable temperature-wise. The common area could be bigger, as it got pretty crowded, but all in all a solid place

Everything met expecations. The cheap breakfast was a nice plus, and it's super easy access to a tram that takes you to the main bourbon street area. There wasn't too much directly around the hostel itself, but that's ok. Would stay again if I was in the big easy.

Elena Borgen

Managua, Nicaragua

Perfect for an early morning flight to the airport, Elena Borgen (or the Nicaragua Guest House) made everything a breeze. Everything that is, except finding it! The addresses in Nicaragua are difficult to manage with your standard Google Maps, so make sure to email them and ask specifically how you get to the hostel. I had to ask a couple police officers in the area. The room was comfortable and good sized, there was a TV to unwind after a fun trip, and the bathrooms were in good order.

Latina Hostal

Leon, Nicaragua

Awesome value! The staff was great when I was there - a pancake and banana breakfast and a willing host to take those of us out who preferred an adult beverage or two. The beds aren't the best in the world, but they sufficed. All in all, a great hostel if you're looking for a fairly social place, but able to get to know everyone who is staying there.

This hostel's views really are up to par with its boasts. The patio is breathtaking, and eating breakfast while overlooking Cusco is a great experience. There weren't any reviews on Hostelworld when I stayed; so I think the hostel is new to the site, so I'll give them a pass for not having my same-day reservation; as they were quick to accommodate and find me a room at 11:30p when I arrived cold and exhausted. The private room with bathroom is massive, and the facilities were A-ok.

Quito Airport Guesthouse

Quito, Ecuador

I loved this place; located close to the airport it's perfect for getting as much sleep as possible before an early flight. The dinner was reasonable and delicious, the room plenty large, and the wifi worked as well as anywhere in Ecuador. My cab was ready to go for $6 the next morning at 5a. Great experience.

Vibes Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

Super helpful staff who (Santiago you know what's up) bailed me out of a really bad situation where my bag was stuck at the UIO airport on a Friday night. The bar was dead when I was there but I've heard it can be the place to be. Close to everything and super friendly people stay there.

Hostal Marsella

Quito, Ecuador

Really good deal for a private room in Quito. There is not a lot to do in the area, but for a starting point in Ecuador, and for the price point, it's a really good deal. The hostel is super quiet, and in my experience people mostly kept to themselves. There seemed to be some sort of construction going on fairly early in the morning when I was there, so hopefully they finish / stop doing that.