• Germany, Male, 31-40
Istanbul Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
8th May 2013

Decent hostel in the very center of Istanbul. I stayed in a single room which was very good value for money, sharing facilities with only two other rooms. Talked to a very nice employee of the hostel who gave me valuable tips for buying a quality leather bag in Istanbul for a good price. Breakfast was basic but good (served on the roof top terrace). Would stay here again although it lacked a little bit of atmosphere.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
7.7
6th May 2013

Lovely hostel in a great location, only a few minutes away from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. The Manager, Tarik is probably the friendliest hostel host I ever met. He assists you with everything and provides you with valuable tips. He gave me a crash-course in how to bargain at the Grand Bazaar. I think that saved me a lot of money :) The dorm room I stayed in was spacious and clean, but there are limited shower facilities. I think the 30 Euro for the airport transport are a bit much.