AR Guesthouse

Reykjavik, Iceland

A great place relatively walking distance from most places (assuming you are used to walking). Clean and certainly a great value for the price. Easy to get there from the airport (The bus will drop you off right there) Nice rooms! Would stay there again!

The Windmill

When I saw the other reviews that said that there was no heating I swiped I couple of extra blankets off of the airplane just in case. HOWEVER, I found the heat there to be just fine! Also even on a Friday or Saturday night it wasn't that noisy! Sure the pub downstairs was packed but you couldn't hear it from the room. Was a bit far from center of London, but if you are the type who only goes back to the hostel to sleep and not in the middle of the day it was fine! :)

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

No one really hangs out in the common areas. If you are a female traveling alone keep in mind that they might place you in a 4bed room with only other guys. this happened to me but luckily they were able to switch me into a different room.

Not in London Bridge, in Kennington. Kinda a ways out from the center of the city but very close to a very useful tube station. Staff was very nice, but didnt always have all the answers to questions I had about the city.

Barcelona Center House

Barcelona, Spain

Great little apartment. Dishes and some towels were a bit dirty for us but the overall apartment was pretty clean. The man who checked us in was very nice...but we never saw him after that first day! The location is very good right around the corner from La Rambla, and the security is so good that with the four keys you need to get into the apartment I had trouble getting in myself...

El Granado

Granada, Spain

It's located right across from the Alhambra! Fredi made us a wonderful guide to the city and he speaks perfect English (As well as German, Spanish, Swedish, and Norwegian!) The apartment is up a hill so beware if you have tons of heavy luggage, other than that it was a wonderful stay, and they even provided major staples like coffee and milk and juice for us! Would definitely come back!

Hacienda el Huerto

Seville, Spain

Wonderful place, more beautiful than the pictures. Majorie speaks English, French and Spanish and gives wonderful recommendations, good for day trips to Seville and Ronda. In July and August its REALLY hot though. Would recommend a car.

San Martin Hostal

Madrid, Spain

Not quite as clean as we expected it to be. Floors and lamps were dirty/dusty. Kind of seedy area, but the staff is very helpful, and it was a central location to anything you needed. They also make up your beds for you each day like a real hotel.