Lisetonga Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

infrastructure wise the hostel is excellent, I liked to location a lot but it might not be for everyone (only close to the beach and a steep climb to get there), the people at the reception are nice and helpfull. it has a very nice and relaxed vibe but i think the hostels caters (way) too much to western tourists. but then a hostel cant really chose who comes and who doesnt. I would definitely stay again for short visits (1-2 nights), not for longer ones during which i would like to meet people.

Unfortunately I only stayed in the hostel because I had the best reception on arrival ever! the hostel is very easy to reach and located close to several places you will want to visit. The place is clean and without has the best shower I ever saw in a hostel. Breakfast might be improved slightly, it is toast and cerreal. Tea lovers like myself will be disappointed that the water boiler is broken, but no worries, i was told it would be taken care off soon!

• 12th Mar 2015

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

The hostel and its staff are nice, i cant say the same about the owner.i had to leave because the floor of the ktichen was dirty after making caipirinha!other drinks are fine.first night it wasnt even me.second one i was extremely careful not to make a mess.he stole my bottle of cachacha,threw away the ice for my terere.the price advertised was a promotion but he didnt say this until afterwards.fought with another costumer over this.ONLY bad experience in months of travelling.DO NOT RECOMMEND

• 23rd Apr 2013

Casa Azul Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

I had agreat time in casa azul in porto alegre. I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends going to this city. The only downsides in my opinion is the cleaning lady who wont let you into the common area when she is cleaning it. This can take quite a while and since i dont have my own laptop or smartphone with me, the computer in this room is my only way of communication. Twice i almost missed a meeting with someone i met because of this...

• 10th Apr 2013
  • Belgium

I had a great time in el Viajero! I would definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers! Very friendly staff, they even let me invite 2 of my friends (who weren't staying at the hostel) my last night to have dinner together.