Generator Paris, Paris, France
6.6
1st Oct 2016

Security, infrastructure etc was all excellent. I however dont like the location at all and the price is way too high (and doesnt even include breakfast or provide the possibility to cook for yourself). I didnt try the breakfast because it simply didnt look good enough to pay extra for (this was also confirmed by my roommates who did try), just go next door (cantine fabien) and order breakfast there. all in all I would stay again if the price (at least for the weekend) goes down considerably.

Hi there, it was indeed a busy time due to high season when you came to Paris, thats explain the highest rate for these nights. Next time you came to Paris, dont hesitate to go and visit the butte de chaumont and take a stroll along the canal St Martin, which are the top destination in our neighborhood. We thank you for sharing your opinion and hopefully see you soon in Paris. Regards. Sam. gen Team

• Belgium, Male, 31-40
HI De Draecke Gent, Gent, Belgium
8.0
19th Jul 2016

Excellent location and infrastructure (that seems very clean and well maintained). the included breakfast is the standard hostel-breakfast which is exactly what i expected so no surprises there. everything was good but this isnt a hostel where you'll make new friends. if you want to meet new people to hang out/party with, you should probably go someplace else. if you want a clean room and bed with a decent breakfast, then this is the perfect place for you!

• Belgium, Male, 31-40
HI De Zandpoort Mechelen, Mechelen, Belgium
8.0
18th Jul 2016

Excellent location and infrastructure (that seems very clean and well maintained). the included breakfast is the standard hostel-breakfast which is exactly what i expected so no surprises there. if i would visit Mechelen again, i would very likely stay at this hostel again.

4.0
12th Apr 2016

if this was the only hostel, i would never spend another night in Paris.this hostel is actually the only one where i cancelled my last night there and asked my money back (got most of it). once inside you can picture yourself being anywhere, there is absolutely nothing french inside this building, not even the staff. no kitchen, bad breakfast, no real common room, very expensive bar with terrible beers,8€ for heineken! 4 showers on a hallway with around 15 rooms. so much more to say/warn others!

Lisetonga Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
7.7
9th Jul 2015

infrastructure wise the hostel is excellent, I liked to location a lot but it might not be for everyone (only close to the beach and a steep climb to get there), the people at the reception are nice and helpfull. it has a very nice and relaxed vibe but i think the hostels caters (way) too much to western tourists. but then a hostel cant really chose who comes and who doesnt. I would definitely stay again for short visits (1-2 nights), not for longer ones during which i would like to meet people.

12th Mar 2015

Unfortunately I only stayed in the hostel because I had the best reception on arrival ever! the hostel is very easy to reach and located close to several places you will want to visit. The place is clean and without has the best shower I ever saw in a hostel. Breakfast might be improved slightly, it is toast and cerreal. Tea lovers like myself will be disappointed that the water boiler is broken, but no worries, i was told it would be taken care off soon!

Vila Madalena Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
2.0
23rd Apr 2013

The hostel and its staff are nice, i cant say the same about the owner.i had to leave because the floor of the ktichen was dirty after making caipirinha!other drinks are fine.first night it wasnt even me.second one i was extremely careful not to make a mess.he stole my bottle of cachacha,threw away the ice for my terere.the price advertised was a promotion but he didnt say this until afterwards.fought with another costumer over this.ONLY bad experience in months of travelling.DO NOT RECOMMEND

Casa Azul Hostel, Porto Alegre, Brazil
10th Apr 2013

I had agreat time in casa azul in porto alegre. I would definitely recommend the hostel to friends going to this city. The only downsides in my opinion is the cleaning lady who wont let you into the common area when she is cleaning it. This can take quite a while and since i dont have my own laptop or smartphone with me, the computer in this room is my only way of communication. Twice i almost missed a meeting with someone i met because of this...

4th Apr 2013

I had a great time in el Viajero! I would definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers! Very friendly staff, they even let me invite 2 of my friends (who weren't staying at the hostel) my last night to have dinner together.