The Empire

Koh Samui, Thailand

This is a pizzeria with a few rooms for guests. Great food, great staff, clean, but outrageously overpriced for just a bed. No breakfast, no reception, no wifi at night.

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Party hostel in the party neighborhood of Rio. Don't expect to get any sleep!

The Mango Tree

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel was so awkward, it was hot and crowded, bathrooms are up and down the stairs, and the wifi was awful. The staff are in the kitchens cooking more than the guests so you can forget about making your own food, plus they lock it at night so you're own for fresh water after it's closed. Besides the location, which is perfect for the beach, I did not enjoy my stay here.

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

This hostel is heaven on earth. Staff, atmosphere, facilities, just perfect! We kept extending our stay because we never wanted to leave!

Hostel Estoril

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Decent hostel, nice staff, centrally located, good breakfast. The only cons were no natural light in the rooms and it was so hot at night.

Hostel 41 Below

Bariloche, Argentina

A perfect little hostel. The location is the best in town. It's very clean and the staff are fantastic. Would highly recommend this place!

Ambaibo Backpackers Hotel

Rurrenabaque, Bolivia

Great location and friendly staff, but that's it. Breakfast is awful, stale bread and rotten fruit on dirty dishes. Also, our bathroom was infested with cockroaches.

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Best hostel I have ever stayed at in my life. It doesn't get any better than this!

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Great location, friendly staff, very clean, big & comfy beds. CanĀ“t recommend it enough!

Loki del Mar

Mancora, Peru

This hostel has ruined me for other hostels. The absolute best place I have ever stayed in my life and I have travelled all over the world. No other place can compare. I don't want to leave!! Oh, but you won't sleep here. But that's cool. Just take a nap by the pool or in the hammocks!

Hostal Yakumama

Cuenca, Ecuador

Zero atmosphere. Cold, unfriendly staff. Disgusting bathrooms and showers. The only thing this hostel has going for it is the location, but there are several other hostels right in the area. You should stay there.

La Casa del Molino Blanco

Banos, Ecuador

Pretty decent place to stay in Banos. Location is not really central, but the hostel has a great atmosphere and is spotless. Incredible showers, too!

Community Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

Brilliant hostel. Staff and atmosphere are phenomenal. They have created a wonderful place to stay in Quito. Only pitfalls are 2 bathrooms for the entire place and poor wifi, but those you can easily get over. Stay here! I can't recommend it enough!