Born Free Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
13th May 2014

Excellent atmosphere and the owners Kevin and Wasanah (sorry for spelling this horribly wrong) really cared about everyone and made them feel at home. If you want a hostel with a chilled out feel then I would definitely recommend.

4th May 2014

Great staff, free WiFi, free soup, free hot tub. Can't ask for much more than that.

The Dwellington, Wellington, New Zealand
14th Apr 2014

Really clean and well taken care of place with a great kitchen. It's certainly not a party hostel but you couldn't find a better place to stay long term or for a quiet but comfortable night.

Brisbane City YHA, Brisbane, Australia
5.4
7th Feb 2014

It all felt very clinical and everything costed far too much. Also the common areas get closed off pretty early so it's difficult to meet people. I wasn't a fan.

Quechua Inn, Sucre, Bolivia
6.9
17th Jul 2013

Don't have anything against the place. Just very average. It's a good place to relax I guess but there wasn't much to it.

Wild Rover Backpackers, La Paz, Bolivia
8.0
15th Jul 2013

A party hostel. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

10th Jul 2013

Really great hostel. The staff made my stay awesome and they were always joking around. Everything worked like clockwork there and it felt very well organised. The facilities were amazing with a pool table, TV room with movies, table football and ping pong. My only advice would be to have a central common room somewhere. Because there was so much to do, everyone was spread out so it was difficult to meet people. Still, great place! Hot showers as well ;)

Alpes Huaraz, Huaraz, Peru
27th Jun 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I ended up extending my stay in Huaraz by a few days because the people I met here were so great. I would definitely recommend it. The only downside was the breakfast. It was table service and the cold and basic meal would often take about 30 minutes to arive. I mean this as constructive critisism because everything else was good. Also, hot sowers. In Peru thats pretty damn good.

23rd Jun 2013

I had a great stay. As everyone else is saying, Jesus is amazing and he was incredibly helpful. He told me all the spots to check out in Lima and also helped plan my trip around Peru. Its not the biggest hostel but the people I met there were really nice. The location was out of the tourist area which was perfect. It was still safe but took me out of the tourist trap and allowed me to see the real Lima with it also being a lot cheaper as a result. Great place but definitely not a party hostel.

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel, San Francisco, USA
20th Jun 2013

Really nice hostel. It´s not the biggest party hostel but there are always people drinking and going out so it was good for me who liked a mix of the two. I don´t really have any complaints other than the price but that´s just San Francisco for you and out of their control. Make sure you do the walking tours!

Hostel Cat, Las Vegas, USA
10th Jun 2013

One of my favourite hostels that I've stayed in so far. Everything was super relaxed and the people were amazing. The only thing I would mark it down on however was the area. I really didn't feel safe on my own at night as there were loads of crazies around and I heard stories of people being followed and I personally was shouted at. There is a bus stop right next to the hostel though and it's only $8 for a 24 hour pass so I just did this to go down to the strip. Highly recommended.

31st May 2013

I once again enjoyed my stay. I stayed in a few of the Vancouver hostels and this was the one that I kept going back to.

24th Apr 2013

Really nice and clean cut place. The facilities were all top notch and the sports channels and cheap drinks in the downstairs bar were a huge plus. The staff were fantastic, they were all knowledgeable about the area and were genuinely very friendly. All in all, I had a great stay, my only complaint being that it was just too big to get to know people properly. Not anyone's fault but I have experienced better in other hostels in that respect.

Canadiana Backpackers Inn, Toronto, Canada
11th Apr 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Canadiana so much. There are a lot of long stay people there who are very friendly and will make you feel like part of the community instantly. Most people staying there are working holiday people rather than travelers so I wouldn't describe it as a party hostel but there was a group going out to the local bars every night. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and most are good friends with a lot of the guests as well. Great location as well.

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and made some friends. We look forward to seeing you again soon!